• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Companion Care Health Plan

My vets do something similar, but I didn't bother, because it seemed to work out more expensive that the injections alone, and I don't worm and flea treat anyway, unless it became necessary of course.

I also do not use wormer etc on my buns unless they show signs of needing it, so I agree that just paying for injections once a year is cheaper (and if you need panacur/spot on it's cheaper online from pet supermarkets etc). I'm not sure if the plan covers anything else like additional health check visits..I just assume they do the routine health check at vaccination time.

I use the plan :wave:. It's good if you still have a bun to neuter as you get 10% off.

And you get one free vet consult a year. I got the choice of rearguard or panacur. One of my buns had worms at the time, so that covered him.

I was thinking of stopping the health plans this year though. I have insurance and rarely use the free consult. Mine are at the vet too much to use it as a health check.

You get the vaccination and health check, one extra health check, free nail clip, free fly strike treatment and discounts off wormers and consultations etc. I know it works out a bit more expensive in the long term but might make things easier to manage.

I use it for our buns - when you 7 buns it is easier to spread out the cost of vacinations - and as we take our buns to the vets for nail clipping and rear guarding - it works out in our favour usually.

For me with my vet it wouldn't be worth the money. But I've never used half of that stuff, like Flystrike treatment.

Back