• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cutting Sonic's nails really is a battle of wills...

supersonic

Mama Doe
:roll:

What a faff! such a lovely bunny 99.9% of the time, but his inner devil comes out when it's nail clipping time! Thankfully he's not a bitey rabbit, he's only ever nipped and that's only happened one or two times. I have to put him on top of the hutch, lean over him and hold onto each foot... he tries and tries to get away but eventually gives in, I just have to be strong and not fall for his big eyes! :lol:

Does anyone have bunnies who are fine being clipped?

Charlie used to be, then I got Milly who isn't good having her nails clipped and now Charlie thinks he's being murdered every time too.

Bella didnt used to mind having claws clipped till she freaked out the other day and injured her foot

Binky hates it and I have to hold her over my shoulder while my mum clips her claws but it happens really rarley, shes due her booster vaccination and health check soon so ill get the vets to do them but we wait for them to get a bit longer as they're easier to clip then (oops - not overgrown, just long)

They are such nice bunnies but bring the clippers out and they'll hate me untill I bring out the treats :lol:

Rolo is a nightmare having his nails clipped - it takes two of us and he gets stressed and we get stressed seeing him getting stressed!!!

When Sonic gets free range time, he gets our garden and next door's, as we don't really have a proper fence and we had the garden done when he was young so he spent the majority of time in there, so he counts it as his own.
When he was in his post trim strop he went and sat under their garden table and washed for about 30 mins :lol: He's such a funny one!

Back