• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Nell has Just Been Out in the Garden

Aww love the photos of her in the cup :love: Wish I could take my hamster out in the garden but I'm sure he'd just run off!

aww so sweet, do you just keep a very close eye on her when she is in the garden? I'd be very scared !

Love her carry cup!!

I am very impressed that she stays by you when she goes outside (I remember you posting before that she comes when called).

I am going to mesh one of my guinea pig indoor cages and give it to Harvest as an extra place to explore in the evenings. A cup as a transporter is a great idea.

Seeing her in her teacup makes me wish I had a hammy. (Sigh)
Such lovely photos too. She shows up so well against the grass...I adore her colouring. :)
Are they very difficult to take care of, Jane? I've never had one myself because when I was little my mum was afraid of anything even remotely rodent-like. (She raised Weimeraners and was a definite dog person.) Between my recent broodiness for guinea pigs and my long time love of mice I sense one day I'm going to come across one of these lovelies in need and I will cave. :love:

I can imagine it is even harder to find a hamster savvy vet than a rabbit one though. :?

She's so cute :love: I've had a few hamsters that I could just bring outside with me like that, and they'd stay close to me and come back when called, but most of them would just run off :roll: :lol: I remember taking one of them out in a little harness though (he was a very laid back little man and wasn't bothered at all!)

Back