• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelion Hutch free for collection

Hi I am new to this forum having come over from the Guinea Pig Forum after reading about the Hutch Man hutches. I have just taken delivery of two 6ft by 2 ft hutches made by The Hutch Man. I would post pictures but I don't do IT. They are fantastic but take a lot of my garden up. So I would like to donate my Dandelion Den from the Pets at Home range. They still sell this so you can get the size details from their website. My Dandelion Den is in immaculate condition as it was hardly used. But the person who wants it must collect. I live in York. If you need details please message me. Thanks Val

Maybe Acomb rabbit rescue could make use of this? Don't know how big it is but if it's not big enough for bunnies maybe it could be used as a run shelter? :)

So kind of you :love:

The dandelion hutch seems to measure 5ft 3 inches by 2 x 2 ft, so whilst it doesn't meet the RWAF minimums it'd make an excellent shelter in a large run/aviary, or if an owner provided a permanently attached run of 8 x 4 or larger which was covered on the top to provide some extra covered area, then it could work well as a hutch. Alternatively it'd be fantastic for guinea pigs, so any guinea pig owners or rescues might snap this up! What a generous offer, I hope someone is able to make use of it.

Thanks. I did use it for a short time for a couple of guinea pigs. I forgot Rabbits need a larger area. I am a member of the Guinea Pig Forum and have also posted details on there. I would really like it to go to someone who really appreciates animals that's why I chose this website as well.

Whereabouts are you? I have a friend who may have to urgently relocate her guinea pigs outside due to her one year old being diagnosed with asthma. She is really upset over this as the guinea pigs have always been a huge part of the family. She is a pet sitter and they are rescue guinea pigs but she cannot afford to spend much on a hutch as her dog has just had a huge unexpected veterinary bill.

I think I live a bit too far as I live in Acomb area of York. But the hutch is like new they retail at £80 at Pets at Home. It may be worth her petrol if she can pick it up for free as I am unable to deliver.

Thank you. She is based in Nottingham so I will ask and PM you if she is still looking. Anybody or rescue would be lucky to have it. :D

What a lovely offer Acomb rabbit rescue might make use of it

Contact
North Yorkshire,
YO26

T: 07932 593865
E: acombrabbitrescue@hotmail.co.uk
W: http://www.acombrabbitrescue.org.

Is anyone from there on this forum does anyone know?

The hutch is 5ft so I'm sure it can be used

I'm here :wave: Thank you and Catherine for thinking of us :D I don't use any hutches though, it's all built in pens here with nowhere to put hutches. I don't think it would fit in my Fiesta either! :lol:

I hope someone can make use of it, lovely of you to offer it for free xx

Thanks for letting me know about the hutch not being suitable. It's covered up and waiting in my back garden for someone who is able to transport it and use it. If and when someone does want it I will let this Forum know straightaway. But thanks for the interest shown so far.

Back