• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is my rabbit??

So I have two rabbits. One is a two year old mini lop but the other is 9weeks old. I think she is a thiantra but not sure. Can anyone help?

photo.php

Are you sure she's 9 weeks? She looks much younger.

That is thiantra but it's a bit hard to be sure in a bunny that small as they look like puff balls instead of their adult shape :)

Bunny looks to be no more than 4-5 weeks old so he/she should still be with his/her Mum :cry:

As for breed type, I think the ears are a bit big for a full breed Thrianta, so maybe a Thrianta X

I would get him/her seen by a Vet as as previously mentioned he/she is far too young to be away from Mum.

Thanks everyone. I did the big no of getting from a shop who told me she was 9weeks. I got my mini lop from a breeder as I know to stay away from pet shops. But I held her and she was very boney so I got her as I didn't want to leave her there. :( I got her home and she just ate for ages.
I will call my vet today.

Thanks everyone. I did the big no of getting from a shop who told me she was 9weeks. I got my mini lop from a breeder as I know to stay away from pet shops. But I held her and she was very boney so I got her as I didn't want to leave her there. :( I got her home and she just ate for ages.
I will call my vet today.

If the Vet confirms the Kit to be much younger than 9 weeks you need to contact the Council where the Pet Shop is located. Ask to speak with someone from Environmental Health. This Council Department is responsible for Licensing Pet Shops. Selling underage 'stock' is a serious breach of the conditions of the Licence and can mean that the Shop has it's License to sell Livestock withdrawn. The Shop can also be subject to a significant fine.

Also, with regards to feeding the Kit. Only feed pellets in lots of very small amounts throughout the day. If the Kit gorges on them she is very likely to end up with bloat which can be fatal.

I'd give her a good probiotic too. Something like Fibreplex

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/prote..._content=895&gclid=CPvD_OOtlL8CFenMtAodsVcA1w

And I would not feed her any Veg/fruit until she is about 12 weeks of age.

Last edited:
Back