• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly and Basil - An update

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
So after having a lovely day with them yesterday Molly and Basil had a huge fight this morning. :cry: Right in front of the children which was very upsetting for them :cry:

I had to separate them, I had no choice. Then after some soul searching I decided that the best thing for everyone would be to take Basil back to The Rabbit Crossing. :cry: So that is what I have done this morning. I don't really know why this bond hasn't worked, maybe the pairing was wrong, maybe Molly is feeling too poorly right now to deal with it all.......maybe we will never know.

Now I will concentrate on Molly and getting her back to how she was if that's possible. When she has fully recovered we may try again to find her a husbun but I am not thinking about that right now. Right now I just want to make everything better for her, love her and tell her that I am sorry.:cry:

So after having a lovely day with them yesterday Molly and Basil had a huge fight this morning. :cry: Right in front of the children which was very upsetting for them :cry:

I had to separate them, I had no choice. Then after some soul searching I decided that the best thing for everyone would be to take Basil back to The Rabbit Crossing. :cry: So that is what I have done this morning. I don't really know why this bond hasn't worked, maybe the pairing was wrong, maybe Molly is feeling too poorly right now to deal with it all.......maybe we will never know.

Now I will concentrate on Molly and getting her back to how she was if that's possible. When she has fully recovered we may try again to find her a husbun but I am not thinking about that right now. Right now I just want to make everything better for her, love her and tell her that I am sorry.:cry:

I am sorry :cry: As I mentioned previously I have seen this scenario so many times with Rabbits who have ear infections.

Please dont feel bad about things, you acted with the best of intentions by trying to find Molly a friend. It really isn't your fault that things have not worked out. I hope Molly will soon be back on top form, she has a fantastic carer to help her do just that :love:

I'm sorry :cry: I agree with what Jane says, you were only doing what you did for Molly. I'm sure she will forget all about it very soon, sending hugs all round, and hope her ear gets better soon xx

I'm very sorry to hear this :( I know Helen will be upset too - but it's obvious you both tried everything you could to try and get Molly and Basil to bond and it's such a shame it hasn't worked out :cry:

I'm very sorry to hear this :( I know Helen will be upset too - but it's obvious you both tried everything you could to try and get Molly and Basil to bond and it's such a shame it hasn't worked out :cry:

Helen has been amazing. She has given so much of her time and love to get this bond to work and to help out with Molly's ear. I couldn't have and still can't do it without her.:love:

Back