• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Susie again

Jesselle

Mama Doe
Susie seems to be in pain again - this is the 3rd potential episode of gas / stasis in a month.

I'd noticed her poops were a tiny bit smaller and wanted to keep an eye on her.

This happened a week after she went into full stasis but with fluids, massage and exercise she came through.

Poor susie :(

:cry:

I'd pop her back to the Vet as there may well be an underlying cause for her recurrent problems

Is she drinking ?

:cry:

I'd pop her back to the Vet as there may well be an underlying cause for her recurrent problems

Is she drinking ?

she was this morning... i've given her a little water by syringe.

i agree - i think there's something causing this that needs investigating.

Thanks guys. Just back from the vet - he wants to do a dental as he thinks her lower molars could be the problem.

She's home for the night so that I can syringe feed and monitor. But if she's no better it's emergency vet or I take her in tomorrow morning before work for the dental and monitoring.

:( idk what to do. I wish I could take tomorrow off but I really can't - I have a huge meeting and boss already gave two days last time.

He gave her a different pain relief as well as loxicam - vetergesic?

Thanks guys. Just back from the vet - he wants to do a dental as he thinks her lower molars could be the problem.

She's home for the night so that I can syringe feed and monitor. But if she's no better it's emergency vet or I take her in tomorrow morning before work for the dental and monitoring.

:( idk what to do. I wish I could take tomorrow off but I really can't - I have a huge meeting and boss already gave two days last time.

He gave her a different pain relief as well as loxicam - vetergesic?

Vetergesic is an opiate so she may become very drowsy.

I'd take her in for a the Dental tomorrow. Meantime she will need fluids and feeds overnight. Has the Vet prescribed any gut motility medication ? Metoclopramide ? Ranitidine ?

Last edited:
Vetergesic is an opiate so she may become very drowsy.

I'd take her in for a the Dental tomorrow. Meantime she will need fluids and feeds overnight. Has the Vet prescribed any gut motility medication ? Metoclopramide ? Ranitidine ?

Thanks jane.

She had motility drugs injected and I have some here too for syringing. I have liquid feed and will keep syringing it overnight.

I'll probably take her in tomorrow for the dental - at least then she'll also be watched whilst I'm at work.

Aww bless her. Hope it all goes well for her tomorrow and that you can concentrate during your meeting.

Mottle will need (another) dental soon ...

Thanks tulsi. There's a lot going on for me at the mo, in all areas. I'll have to become the master of focusing :)

There's nothing else I can do, so just got to deal.

Susie is very lethargic, I think it's the pain relief. Poor baby.

Susie still isn't up to much, sitting under a fleece with her eyes half closed :( I've managed to syringe feed her a couple of times.

Bizarrely, when I lifted her for the second feed, she'd done a load of soft poops. But it was as if she'd just laid there and done them!

How much can vetersegic affect bunny?

Susie still isn't up to much, sitting under a fleece with her eyes half closed :( I've managed to syringe feed her a couple of times.

Bizarrely, when I lifted her for the second feed, she'd done a load of soft poops. But it was as if she'd just laid there and done them!

How much can vetersegic affect bunny?

I am sure that I have read on here that it can make them VERY drowsy. Surely pooing must be a good sign.

I hope she starts to eat/drink for herself soon. How is Neville doing?

I am sure that I have read on here that it can make them VERY drowsy. Surely pooing must be a good sign.

I hope she starts to eat/drink for herself soon. How is Neville doing?

To be honest he looks a little lost! He's eating well though but when Susie is herself, they're downstairs begging for treats. She's def the leader :(

He's just been hanging around their room really... He's ok though. Forgiven me for the vet trip.

Susie is extremely drowsy... But she kind of accepts syringe food. But not loads of it. Gonna do last feed now then sleep a bit before waking up again to feed.

This is Neville when I give Susie her syringe food. He comes out to watch.

Bless his little furry paws.

Susie is extremely out of it - she's very floppy, looks drunk when she tries to walk. It's horrible to see! I hope the effects wear off a bit soon. She's continuing to poop, which is good. And she's taking a bit of the syringe food, though most of it ends up elsewhere!

Oh no, only just seen this. I hope it is her teeth and that it's sorted once she has the dental. 3 times to go into stasis will be just as tough on you as it will little Susie.

Sounds like if she goes in to have the dental they will be able to keep an eye on her while your at work. I'm sure if they don't think she is ok they won't put her under. Poops are good as her system is moving. Bless her being that drowsy :( hope her syringe feeding goes ok tonight.

Lots of vibes for Susie & nose rubs for Neville x

Just woken up for syringe food and she looks terrible :(

She can barely stand and shakes when she does. No more poops. She hadn't moved from the spot I left her in.

Idk what to do - whether she needs an emergency vet or not.

Back