• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pregnant rabbit

bowbunny

New Kit
My little bow is giving signs of pregnancy. Pulling fur out and aggression towards everyone but me. She Has a nest made. She is 15 day's off giving birth. Only problem is when I give her the health check and feel her tummy I can't feel any babies. Her nips are out and look ready to produce milk.she also has gotten bigger. So why can't I feel the babies

My little bow is giving signs of pregnancy. Pulling fur out and aggression towards everyone but me. She Has a nest made. She is 15 day's off giving birth. Only problem is when I give her the health check and feel her tummy I can't feel any babies. Her nips are out and look ready to produce milk.she also has gotten bigger. So why can't I feel the babies

Rabbits do make nests and often get aggressive and their teats swell when they have phantom pregnancies. Unless you've been trained by a vet or very experienced breeder to palpate a rabbit you really shouldn't be trying to feel for babies, they're extremely delicate and it's best to just stay away from mums stomach, picking her up in a different way from now on. Its extremely hard to palpate rabbits anyway so even if she was pregnant it'd be unlikely you'd feel anything. If you really need to know then you could go see a vet but then again many don't know the first thing about rabbits and the stress wont do her any good

Back