• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sox poorly - (update 7/7/14), sox is back to himself

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
please can sox have RU vibes he been feeling poorly since last night, so I took him to vets this morning, they have admitted him for tests, his tummy did feel abit gassy, his teeth aren't to bad, he is having his blood glucose checked pain killers etc, see what bloods say and take it from there

my boy normally jumps on mummies feet in bed in morning for breakfast :cry: this morning he was in corner of room under bed, after sliding around trying to get comfy on his mat last night

Last edited:
Oh no...sending speedy healing vibes winging your way for dear, wee Sox!
(((((((((Huge hugs)))))))) and thinking of you and Mabel. Is she with him or at home? xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that ML1, i know Sox is in some form of kidney failure, in this heat, Ginger did NOT cope at all, she was having to drink so much to keep herself hydrated along with managing her already totally faulty kidneys herself, that she ended up not eating enough and her gut slowed right down.

Could be similar, i'd certainly ensure when they take his bloods that they test his kidney function too.

Sorry to hear that ML1, i know Sox is in some form of kidney failure, in this heat, Ginger did NOT cope at all, she was having to drink so much to keep herself hydrated along with managing her already totally faulty kidneys herself, that she ended up not eating enough and her gut slowed right down.

Could be similar, i'd certainly ensure when they take his bloods that they test his kidney function too.

yes they are doing, to be on safe side with his kidney disease

I've just hovered my room, and he must of been in pain as there are 2 very small holes in my rug, where he must chewed at it, he tends to do that when he hurts, but never goes for the rugs/carpets

Back