• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny on Gumtree originally from rescue? (FROM PAWZ FOR THOUGHT)

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
There is a bunny on Gumtree in Sunderland that is advertised as being ''originally from a rescue'' but the person is saying they can no longer look after them. They are a male and female. Does anyone recognize this bunny from and rescues near there?
This is only one of them the other one is apparently grey.

*sigh* Here we go again I guess, why get a bunny if you can't take care of it? I've just sent a little message asking which rescue they came from and tried to seem interested in getting them. I'm just thinking would it not be best to just return the bunnies to the rescue they came from so they can be found a loving home instead of being sold to any tom, **** or harry?

Last edited:
Most rescues have a contract with the owner that they have to return it to them if no longer wanted. You are not normally supposed to re-home the pet yourself

Most rescues have a contract with the owner that they have to return it to them if no longer wanted. You are not normally supposed to re-home the pet yourself

That's what I thought. I figured I could try and find out which rescue it came from and then contact them to let them know this person is selling them?

THEY ARE FROM PAWZ FOR THOUGHT IN SUNDERLAND D=

They are such a good rescue i'm going to try and contact them now and let them know this girl is selling the bunnies. It really annoys me this.

If anyone knows anybody from the rescue could you please help out!? Spread the word!

I have sent an email to the rescue from their website and contacted them via facebook! There isn't a number to ring anywhere on the page? Not that I can see?

I hope they can do something, It really grinds my gears i'll be annoyed all day about this! :censored:

That's what I thought. I figured I could try and find out which rescue it came from and then contact them to let them know this person is selling them?

Yes sounds like a good idea, they might at least want to homecheck the new owners

I have sent an email to the rescue from their website and contacted them via facebook! There isn't a number to ring anywhere on the page? Not that I can see?

I hope they can do something, It really grinds my gears i'll be annoyed all day about this! :censored:

Maysie and Mike from Tuckerbunnies seem to have a good relationship with them, you might want to try them to see if they can get in contact via phone.

Maysie and Mike from Tuckerbunnies seem to have a good relationship with them, you might want to try them to see if they can get in contact via phone.

How would I go about getting to touch? Its a bit difficult i'm sort of stuck with computer methods of communication as i'm at work. :lol:

Oh I've just literally had a message from Pawz for thought on the Facebook page.
It just said that the relevant people had been informed and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Guess that's all I can do for now.
:(

Oh I've just literally had a message from Pawz for thought on the Facebook page.
It just said that the relevant people had been informed and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Guess that's all I can do for now.
:(

That's good news, without getting them off her yourself, you've done all you can.

That's good news, without getting them off her yourself, you've done all you can.

I'm always thinking I can take more bunnies but I've had to give my head a shake and realize that I have enough on my hands with these two! :lol:

At least now hopefully they will do something about it, there IS a contract that you sign when adopting from Pawz for Thought that says if for whatever reason you are unable to care for them anymore they must be returned to the rescue. So there you go. Vibes for them getting back to the rescue and finding a better more loving home!

I'm always thinking I can take more bunnies but I've had to give my head a shake and realize that I have enough on my hands with these two! :lol:

At least now hopefully they will do something about it, there IS a contract that you sign when adopting from Pawz for Thought that says if for whatever reason you are unable to care for them anymore they must be returned to the rescue. So there you go. Vibes for them getting back to the rescue and finding a better more loving home!

I'm the same as I keep looking at female rescue bunnies for Hershel, but I'm not in the position to rehome one yet. Financially at the moment I am cash restricted due to saving for a car and I need to improve his setup before I can even go to a rescue but that doesn't stop me tormenting myself by looking. I've had to over-rule my heart a quite few times in the last couple of month, especially after I saw the most beautiful rabbit in PAH adoption a few weeks back. It really upset me to walk away.

I'm the same as I keep looking at female rescue bunnies for Hershel, but I'm not in the position to rehome one yet. Financially at the moment I am cash restricted due to saving for a car and I need to improve his setup before I can even go to a rescue but that doesn't stop me tormenting myself by looking. I've had to over-rule my heart a quite few times in the last couple of month, especially after I saw the most beautiful rabbit in PAH adoption a few weeks back. It really upset me to walk away.

Awh, you are in Darlington too so you're not far from me at all! I've only just realized haha. :lol:
There was a gorgeous bunny up for sale the other week that I SO wanted, but as you say I had to stop letting my heart rule my head.

Poor buns. :cry: How awful rescuing a air of buns just to sell them on the most awful selling site out there. I hope Pawz For Thought take action and remove the bunnies fro that horrid person. :evil:

Oh my lord if they are from Pawz they should have gone back there if they are not wanted I will contact someone straight away :(

Thank You for putting this on the forum and for Tracy for letting me know.

Oh my lord if they are from Pawz they should have gone back there if they are not wanted I will contact someone straight away :(

I have recieved a message from them saying its been passed on but if you could push it and let me know if anything has been done I would really appreciate it? I won't be able to stop thinking about it otherwise :?

Glad that you are now on the case, Maysie :thumb:

Will keep everything crossed that the bunnies can be got to safety.

I have recieved a message from them saying its been passed on but if you could push it and let me know if anything has been done I would really appreciate it? I won't be able to stop thinking about it otherwise :?

I've contacted Pawz and Animal Krackers rescues as they are both in Sunderland and the two we help when we can. Usually in it's the contract you sign that if you no longer can care for the bunnies they go back to rescue. This is most upsetting to see when they have come from rescue in the first place to be now for sale on the awful Gumtree,poor rabbits. :cry:

I can only contact them I can't do much more than that at the moment but I will let you know if I hear anything.

I've contacted Pawz and Animal Krackers rescues as they are both in Sunderland and the two we help when we can. Usually in it's the contract you sign that if you no longer can care for the bunnies they go back to rescue. This is most upsetting to see when they have come from rescue in the first place to be now for sale on the awful Gumtree,poor rabbits. :cry:

I can only contact them I can't do much more than that at the moment but I will let you know if I hear anything.

Great, that's all I ask. Thank you so much for your help. :wave: I know that Pawz have a form that does say about returning an unwanted animal to them so I don't know why this person as chosen to sell them! Probably wanted their adoption fee back! Greedy and selfish if you ask me...

I think the only problem is that the majority of rescues documentation isnt actually legally binding? The 'Contract' you sign doesnt actually enforce the adopter to do anything.

Back