• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft Bed or Hard Bed?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
My hoppies use to have a soft cat bed, Bumble my big boy use to really love it, until Bumble and Blossom decided to completely destroy it, they made loads of holes and pull out all the stuffing, I eventually repaired it, filled it back up, and repaired the holes, but they destroyed it again and I had to throw it out,, when I move them into a different room later in the year I want to get them a bed again but I don't know if they will destroy it again? I know that cat and dogs, can have those hard solid beds, and I think I've seen some rabbit size ones, but I don't know if they would like it?, plus when they had their soft bed they suddenly started using it as a litter tray, in there room they have a corner where their litter trays go, and anything I put near it they claim as a new litter tray, but the cat bed was on the other side of the room, so why did they use that instead? they are very well littered trained and have never had problems before?

Thoughts?

Thumper had a soft bed and used it as a litter tray too! I ended up taking it out and now he sleeps on hay and toilets in the right place again! :roll:

What is I was to get a hard bed and put blankets in it? Would that work???

It would work, but they may still use it as a toilet. I've come to the conclusion with mine I just put litter and hay in every litter tray/bed and they can use it as they wish.

Mine have the wooden IKEA dolls bed 'duktig'. I put a piece of lino on it just in case of accidents. If I put fleece on it a certain someone pees on it. They love sitting on it and lie/sleep on it too.

Mine are outdoors bunnies so I haven't bought them a soft bed because a) I thought it would get wet and b) I thought they would just chew it/wee on it. Having said that, when I bring them in for cuddles they have not once wee'd on my bed which given stories on here I thought would definitely happen. They do have blankets put over the bed to protect my duvet though so maybe that helps. I would say it's probably just down to the individual bunnies :)

We lay fleeces on the floor in one corner and they tend to snuggle up on those. They do enjoy digging them and nibbling them, but overall they just use them to relax and sleep on. We also have a dog bed filled with newspaper and hay that they use as both a litter tray (it's intended use) and a snooze spot.

Mine all prefer to lie on hard surfaces than soft. They're far more likely to use soft as a toilet too.

Back