• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grimlock has passed away :(

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Just to let you all know Grimlock passed away this morning. :cry:

I had a feeling he wasn't quite right last night. I woke up at 5 am and just felt I needed to check on him and he had just passed.

I'm upset, it's the end of an era. But at the same time I am happy that he went on his own and had a long and happy life. I didn't think he'd make it to five, but he surprised us all and made it to eight! In a way I feel like I've already mourned him. There were so many times I thought he was going to die. I would lie with him and cry and then he'd make it through. I thought it was the end a few weeks ago as he could hardly breathe, but he even pulled through that, the infection cleared up and he had a few happy weeks. We had lots of cuddles last night. I was grooming him on the couch last night for hours.

I will miss him so much. My life is going to be so weird now. For the last four years it has revolved around him and giving him medicine and looking after him. He will be cremated and his ashes will be mixed with Smoo's so they will be together again forever.

This is the last picture I took of him, a couple of days ago when we were having cuddle of the couch.

20140617_2349160_zps7twp8psl.jpg

20140611_230423_zpsw6jpj0ei.jpg

We always said he was such a fighter he would cross the Rainbow Bridge and go to Valhalla. So Grimlock, my friend, take thy place among the kings, for thy soul shall never die!

Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss. I will miss hearing about him. Binky free and have fun with Smoo. X

Oh, Jen :cry: I'm so sorry.

Grimlock was just one of those bunnies that really captured my heart, so to speak. He clearly struggled, having bad days as well as good days, and yet he kept plodding on with this incredible strength that always managed to surprise me :love: He was a true credit to you and your outstanding level of care, as well as the dedication you gave to him.

Binky free, lovely Grimlock xx

I'm so sorry you have lost him, though good to hear he went peacefully at home after a very comfortable, pampered evening.

Your mourning sounds much like mine when I lost Artie, I was so grateful for the miracle of how long he was with me, which helped me so much in coping with his loss.

I'm sorry to see this sad news. :( Grimlock was an amazing rabbit and the length and quality of his life is a tribute to your expert and loving care of him.

Good night Grimlock. xxx

So sorry that you lost him, you gave him a wonderful life and as hard as it is I am glad he passed peacefully. Take care xxxx

I am sorry to read the sad news.:-( You gave Grim a wonderful home, long life and dedication.:love: At least he was home with you and your OH, the chinchillas and Holly, all his home comforts. Grim really was special.:love:

I am so sorry :( Grim really was a special bun, I think a lot of us had soft spots for him (with him looking an awful lot like my Loki monster I always kept an eye out for his threads).

Binky free Grimlock xxx

I'm so sorry :( He was a legend, I think part of me thought he would just go on forever! He had a brilliant life with you and I'm so glad he passed peacefully at home rather than somewhere stressful. Hope you're ok.

Oh sweetie...I am so, so very, very sorry to see this :cry::cry::cry::cry:
I am..just so in shock at the moment...I really can't type coherently....but just wanted to send a huge swath of comforting (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh dear Grim...you will be so missed, old friend. Rest easy, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow and reunited with your darling Smoo...
Sweet dreams precious boy....

Valhalla has truly gained a bright soul tonight. But I shall light a candle in his honour.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=21056823

Thank you everyone for your replies and MimzMum the candle is so sweet. :love: I think I'm still in a state of shock right now.

Back