• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh my god i need one of these!!!

Has anyone had one of these for rabbits? :D Im thinking of getting one but I don't want them to hurt themselves on the steps.

Maybe would need to nail panels to the backs of the stairs to make them into proper stairs? Or perhaps adapt the stairs into a ramp with carpet or something?

Just had another look, I reckon you'd leave the stairs out and replace them with wood that has either rods that will help grip, or carpet. Not sure how easy it will be though!

Maybe would need to nail panels to the backs of the stairs to make them into proper stairs? Or perhaps adapt the stairs into a ramp with carpet or something?

Just had another look, I reckon you'd leave the stairs out and replace them with wood that has either rods that will help grip, or carpet. Not sure how easy it will be though!

I was thinking if i got the cat den and then one of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50cm-x-15...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3f3870e817 or something like that?

Two of my buns have this. To be honest when we first got it we thought it was the worst thing ever as both buns refused to come out of it to even eat!!!! They dont use the stairs they just jump onto the next level (although the nethie can jump through the gaps in the stairs). They occasionally go into the house bit but spend most of their time on the top bit chewing the trelis (and not the stairs).

Its a lot bigger than we expected so tales up rather a lot of room so the other pair we bought one for have not had thiers as we cant fit it in their play area.

Our buns have one :thumb:

I found that they don't like the stairs, so we've removed and replaced with a single story playhouse from Pets at Home. Now they jump on to small playhouse to get on to the "penthouse" of this one. :D

Poppet us recovering after illness, so she lies inside the "room" with only her
head out. :love:

Our buns have one :thumb:

I found that they don't like the stairs, so we've removed and replaced with a single story playhouse from Pets at Home. Now they jump on to small playhouse to get on to the "penthouse" of this one. :D

Poppet us recovering after illness, so she lies inside the "room" with only her
head out. :love:

I already have the small playhouse from pets at home so this could work out perfect! I've already ordered one haha. :thumb: For the boys new setup which should be done soon!

Does anyone have any pictures of the buns using this? :D

At the moment Digby has only eaten the threaded stuff (the pretty detail bit). He hates the cushion and every morning digs it out after I have tidied up and put it back inside.

Last edited:

Similar here, I don't have this exact one but I have one that is similar but without the canopy. I have taken the stairs off it and have put it next to a smaller hut and they just use that to jump on top.

I had one for Snowy and Frodo but it was pink and white. They never used the stairs, they would just jump up and down it instead so I removed the stairs and put a box in front to make the jump shorter and safer. It was good but they chewed it to bits so I had to recycle it and get them a little box hideaway instead which they can jump on and go in.

Back