• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plants rabbits avoid...??!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Just been reading a bit about plants that are rabbit proof (I'm presuming meaning safe from wild rabbits) and apparently rabbits tend to avoid strong scented plants, prickly plants and sticky plants... That must mean they'd hate lavender, brambles, roses, sticky weed... Hmmm :roll: :lol: I bought a dahlia yesterday as I couldn't resist the gorgeous orange flowers! Now I'm thinking where can I put it well out of rabbits' reach?! (Not safe to nibble!)

Mine seem to avoid Choisya and only occasionally nibble large Hebes. They ate the lot when I got some new small Hebes! Kerria Japonica seems to survive as does Buddleia. I have some fruit trees with long rabbit guards around the trunks. That's about it in my garden - everything else is up on shelves or in large planters.

Back