• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tully's ridiculous moult

esupi

Warren Veteran
Normally we try not to handle Tully. He's very nervous of people, and while he'll sit quietly once you've got hold of him, he hyperventilates and is clearly stressed the whole time. However, sometimes needs must. Two weeks ago, we had to get him out and 'de-tuft' him a little as he'd started to moult really badly. Despite that, I had to do the same again today! This is the result:

I might have posted a similar pic last year, but I'm just as flabbergasted again this year by the amount of fur we can get out! That's without really trying too, as we want to let him go again as quickly as possible. Here's a pic of the disgruntled man after, hiding in his Runaround box.

:lol: He does not look happy. What a cutie. :love:
Biffy is exactly the same, he needs doing all the time and he absolutely hates it, the amount that comes off him is ridiculous.

:lol: He does not look happy. What a cutie. :love:
Biffy is exactly the same, he needs doing all the time and he absolutely hates it, the amount that comes off him is ridiculous.

Do you secretly love doing it though? I know he hates it, but I absolutely love getting a hold of Tully. He is sooooo furry and soft - my big squishy teddy bear bunny :love:

Do you secretly love doing it though? I know he hates it, but I absolutely love getting a hold of Tully. He is sooooo furry and soft - my big squishy teddy bear bunny :love:

Yes :lol: My boyfriend usually holds him and I groom him then I have a big cuddle with him after. He always gets a crunchie after too :D

I ought to capture Tessie and get her tufts out ... oh she loathes being handled ... She is so beautiful and cuddly looking too *sigh*.

Wow! That's a lot of fur :)

Can I ask what you use to groom?

I've had a few 'for your own good' sessions lately and Susie gets over it a lot more quickly than my sensitive Neville. I love handling nev though, he's so chunky and beautiful :)

Wow! That's a lot of fur :)

Can I ask what you use to groom?

I've had a few 'for your own good' sessions lately and Susie gets over it a lot more quickly than my sensitive Neville. I love handling nev though, he's so chunky and beautiful :)

Just fingers! I've never found a brush that I like, and we don't hold him long enough to do a really thorough job anyway, so I just pull the obviously loose bits out really.

Back