• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's such a madam.... Sigh...

midori1999

Alpha Buck
The two Rexes, Binky and Lily have been getting a few hours free range time in the aviary in the mornings. at connected to Sweetie and Pepe's kennel using a 24 ft runaround, so I just close the tunnel at both ends. However, Sweetie is clearly not happy with the situation as there's been some minor referred aggression this week once the Rex girls are in and Sweetie and Pepe can get in the aviary again, but today she has decided he is not allowed in there at all and is chasing him out every time he tried to go in there.

She has also just had a face off with a magpie that dared go near the aviary, she was furious! :shock:

So, I think I'm going to have to stop letting the Binky and Lily in there, which is a pain as I planned to let each pair use the aviary for half the day each once the girls are outside fulltime. I think instead I'll have to half it and probably make it so they can't see each other, which is a shame as it means I won't be able to see one pair from my kitchen window.

Also, I'd originally intended to think about bonding into a quad, but I was already thinking I'd just keep two pairs, now that's even more likely.

They are so complicated arent they? If only we could explain that its for their own good ...
Could you make another run anywhere for the girls?

Hope you get it sorted. I would love to stroke a rex :D

Back