• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People don't understand bunny love!!

Nic.

Warren Scout
Ever feel like people think you're really weird for being a 'rabbit person'? :lol: My boyfriend is always telling me I like my rabbits too much..He thinks I'm a crazy bunny lady and sometimes actually seems quite worried! He (and lots of other people) think it's weird that I talk to them and spend so much time playing with them. I bet dog people don't get this much aggro! :lol:

Ever feel like people think you're really weird for being a 'rabbit person'? :lol: My boyfriend is always telling me I like my rabbits too much..He thinks I'm a crazy bunny lady and sometimes actually seems quite worried! He (and lots of other people) think it's weird that I talk to them and spend so much time playing with them. I bet dog people don't get this much aggro! :lol:

:love: I used to get so much abuse for being a crazy rabbit lady but now I have a dog, no-one bats an eyelid at the way I am with him! Think it's just one of those things :lol:

My mum always found rabbits to be quite unresponsive in the way that they didn't make a noise so she found it hard to bond with them but now we have a dog she talks to him and treats him like a human!

Everyone always says its only a rabbit thinking they're such basic pets but really they bond with you and they are so much more complicated than jusy basic pets, pets over people any day :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Everyone always says its only a rabbit thinking they're such basic pets but really they bond with you and they are so much more complicated than jusy basic pets, pets over people any day :lol:

I think i'm definitely a pets over people person :lol: My mum's always saying "They're very sweet but they're only rabbits". Humph, might try saying that about her cat, sure it wouldn't do down well haha

I think i'm definitely a pets over people person :lol: My mum's always saying "They're very sweet but they're only rabbits". Humph, might try saying that about her cat, sure it wouldn't do down well haha
everyone says that to me too, but theu arent just 'only rabbits'!
I dont paticularly like most people but I dont go around saying 'well, they're just people' :lol:

i always found that people were quite fascinated that i had a bunny in the house that could use the loo properly. even if they did think i was mad no-one ever said it to my face :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm also quick picky with the people I bother to talk to as well, generally stick to people who love animals anyhows :D:D

My Dad thinks me and my husband are absolutely crackers having rabbits in the house, he'd never heard of house rabbits before we got ours :). He tells people as well he'll say 'She has rabbits living in her house, have you ever heard such a thing?!' like I've got a pet crocodile or something lol.

One of my rabbits is extremely cheeky and curious, so she'll often suddenly leap up onto visitors laps to investigate them and scare the life out of them lol.

i get a lot of questions about toilet habits and stuff, but people are generally nice about it!

some clearly don't get it though :lol: but i'm not one to care too much.

i explain that they're not for everyone as they take a lot more patience and understanding if you want to connect with them.

The only people I've met (well, one I live with...) was our hairdresser (she comes to our house to cut our hair and made a 'rabbit pie' joke when I talked about Amy and was in disbelief at there being a Rabbit Awareness Week) and my father (though this is more due to him being a drunk :censored: and that Pipkin once jumped at him, making him spill his drink on New Years a couple of tears ago; curiously enough, he had a rabbit as a child). Most people are quite interested, if not just quietly tolerant, when I talk about my rabbit. We mostly know general animal loving, if not specifically rabbit loving people. People were also general sympathetic when Pipkin died; the only one that insulted me was my brother the day after, though he had been (surprisingly) sympathetic and even somewhat helpful rage day before, when myself, our mother and him were settling down to watch a film and I said I didn't want to watch one with animals in it (I'm 21, he's 25, though we were a year younger at the time, and we all still love watching animated films), he called me 'gay', which particularly stung because I consider myself a LGBT ally (and am asexual, though I was in denial about that until recently).

Im the crazy bunny lady of our town, people recognise me through the pet sites on facebook and come into my place of work for advice. I love it :lol: My eldest Child thinks that Rabbits are a replacement for not having a Boyfriend and thinks that maybe now is the time to get myself out there and find one!:lol: But like I said my buns give me no grief :)

My partner's Step-Mum doesn't get the house rabbit thing, suggested it goes in the conservatory or garden... erm... how about no?

Would her cat and dog be locked outside? Nope... rabbits aren't hugely different to other pets, you'd like to spend time with them and you will bond with them like other furries.

Just because people are clueless most of the time or haven't heard of rabbits being kept inside, they don't agree with it.

I also dislike it when people go "it's cute but why do you want to keep it as an indoor pet?" when I say why not, they just say it's weird.

I think having cat bum wiped all over your kitchen and dining table is weirder than having a rabbit on the floor in a protected room.

Meh, people suck.

My partner's Step-Mum doesn't get the house rabbit thing, suggested it goes in the conservatory or garden... erm... how about no?

Would her cat and dog be locked outside? Nope... rabbits aren't hugely different to other pets, you'd like to spend time with them and you will bond with them like other furries.

Just because people are clueless most of the time or haven't heard of rabbits being kept inside, they don't agree with it.

I also dislike it when people go "it's cute but why do you want to keep it as an indoor pet?" when I say why not, they just say it's weird.

I think having cat bum wiped all over your kitchen and dining table is weirder than having a rabbit on the floor in a protected room.

Meh, people suck.
True. I used to refuse to eat round an exes cos his cat was allowed anywhere. I asked if he would let a human sit on the kitchen sides or dinner table with no pants on and his bum hole directly touching the surfaces. He didnt have an answer for that! x

True. I used to refuse to eat round an exes cos his cat was allowed anywhere. I asked if he would let a human sit on the kitchen sides or dinner table with no pants on and his bum hole directly touching the surfaces. He didnt have an answer for that! x

I was told that rabbits shouldn't be in the house because they are dirty and unhygenic... I'm sorry, but dogs and cats tread in everything, fox poo, human poo, lick other dogs/cats bums then lick their owners faces, floors, sofas... plus hair gets everywhere even if you don't want it there.

Rabbits can be litter trained, they spend as much time cleaning themselves as cats, they only tread in things that you want them to as most of the time you can control the area in which they are kept, plus they don't run around on my kitchen surfaces and where I eat.

I've got a cat too and don't technically have an issue with any animal and where they go and sit, but when someone uses that as a feeble reason but also owns a cat with fleas and a dog with fleas that stinks, they lose the argument :lol:

I was told that rabbits shouldn't be in the house because they are dirty and unhygenic... I'm sorry, but dogs and cats tread in everything, fox poo, human poo, lick other dogs/cats bums then lick their owners faces, floors, sofas... plus hair gets everywhere even if you don't want it there.

Rabbits can be litter trained, they spend as much time cleaning themselves as cats, they only tread in things that you want them to as most of the time you can control the area in which they are kept, plus they don't run around on my kitchen surfaces and where I eat.

I've got a cat too and don't technically have an issue with any animal and where they go and sit, but when someone uses that as a feeble reason but also owns a cat with fleas and a dog with fleas that stinks, they lose the argument :lol:

Very true. I have 2 indoor buns and they are soooo clean. The only time a bunny smells is when they are stuck in a tiny hutch and not cleaned often. :shock:

Very true. I have 2 indoor buns and they are soooo clean. The only time a bunny smells is when they are stuck in a tiny hutch and not cleaned often. :shock:

Just realised I put human poo :shock::shock::shock:

:lol:

Mmm... plus apparently the rabbit used to be allowed inside occasionally. POT KETTLE BLACK :evil:

It's interesting, people used to think I was crazy for loving my rabbits so much...but now that I have a cat no one even questions why I treat her like my baby sometimes! Although of course, most dog owners still don't get it :roll:

They don't know what they are missing.
I love my buns and all buns to bits.
And I know they love me.
They have great personalities and are all different.
Today they are little miffed as I re arranged the garden furniture.
Obviously not to there liking.
You can literally here them moaning and complaining while nudging my leg .
:love::love:

They don't know what they are missing.
I love my buns and all buns to bits.
And I know they love me.
They have great personalities and are all different.
Today they are little miffed as I re arranged the garden furniture.
Obviously not to there liking.
You can literally here them moaning and complaining while nudging my leg .
:love::love:

is it not quite 'feng shui' enough for them :)

Back