• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella just jumped U/D Vets Results Good News!

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Im such an awful owner :cry:
I was just clipping bellas claws and she jumped about a foot and a half, then she was holding her back leg funny but now she seems fine on it

I can't stop crying worrying I've hurt her, I done the same to Skye (hamster) when she nipped me and felt so bad

Im seriously considering giving Binky and Bella up, I love them so much but a good owner doesn't do that and I feel so guilty / clumsy
I dont want to let them go but I think its best, even if I care for them properly im too clumsy for pets and I will heverr become a veterinary nurse

Shes carrying her leg fine now but I feel guilty

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
She'll live to have her claws clipped another day

I suspect most people on here have done exactly that, so don't worry. If you bribe her with a treat or two, she'll forgive you. If you're worried about how to cut her nails, maybe ask your vet to show you, or google some youtube videos but as long as you're avoiding the quick you should be fine

Only way to be a vet nurse is practice and experience (and studying) so accept you won't always do things perfectly, but you have to keep trying

Good luck - and noserubs to bella

Aww don't be so hard on yourself, accidents happen and Bella is fine. It was just a shock for you both but I expect Bella has already forgotten all about it. (((Hug)))

When I cut nails I sit cross legged on the floor with Molly sitting in my lap wrapped in a towel. I also usually have a little helper on hand to feed her pellets at the same time.

i would take her to the vet and have her checked out. we've had one or two buns on r u who have seemed ok after a similar jump and have actually needed help.

She'll live to have her claws clipped another day

I suspect most people on here have done exactly that, so don't worry. If you bribe her with a treat or two, she'll forgive you. If you're worried about how to cut her nails, maybe ask your vet to show you, or google some youtube videos but as long as you're avoiding the quick you should be fine

Only way to be a vet nurse is practice and experience (and studying) so accept you won't always do things perfectly, but you have to keep trying

Good luck - and noserubs to bella
shes normally fine having her claws clipped, she literally just freaked

I know that she will live another day but im so worried that I could of hurt her, I honestly couldn't live with myself if I have - going to bribe her with some treats and hope shes fine and im forgiven

she will be fine, dont beat yourself up over it. tbh i feel anyone that is part of this forum or any forum like this has enough commitment and love for their rabbits that they offer their time to help other people with their questions and ask questions themselves. take a look at your buns, at their food, their hay, their set up, you provide all that for them you care for them every single day you devote your time and love to them i would say 70% of rabbits don't get the care they need they would give anything to live your bunnies lives.

Just been out to bribe her and shes trying not to put weight on her foot, I feel awful :cry:

I once cut my springer spaniels quick and have never cut a dog's nail since!

I know it does make you feel awful but we all make mistakes. I once put Tass (our orange and white collie) into the bath without checking the temperature of the water and she yelped with pain :cry: she looked all sorrowful and appologetic and kept licking her lips ... I felt sooooooooooo bad. Bathed her VERY carefully next time and all was well.

Only ever wash fox poo off the dogs never a full bathe.

Rabbits live in the present and I am sure she will be fine. Do be a vet nurse, rabbit expert nurses are brilliant. We have two at our local practice. I really enjoy talking to them.

Do you think maybe you nipped the quick?
Or that she hurt her leg when she jumped?
I hadn't even made the first cut before she jumped I was positioning the clippers

she could of sprained it or something as she landed on lino'd floor and she kind of slid after :(

Hmmm I haven't had that yet, but still an accident, bella was at fault and don't give up on being a vet nurse or bunnyslave

I would probably either go straight to vet or see how she is tomorrow and if still limping then vet.

Hugs and Sorry for assuming you'd just got the quick x

Hmmm I haven't had that yet, but still an accident, bella was at fault and don't give up on being a vet nurse or bunnyslave

I would probably either go straight to vet or see how she is tomorrow and if still limping then vet.

Hugs and Sorry for assuming you'd just got the quick x
bunnyslave :lol:

shes putting more pressure on it now..but thats not to say I didnt feel sick with guilt and barley ate my dinner :lol:
&shes definitely going to the vets for a check up!

its fine, I'd of assumed that too because that would be the first obvious reason to freak out :wave:

She is limping, she puts pressure when she sits and lays but when she walks she hobbles:(

My mum has also been kind enough to tell me it is my fault for clipping her nails :? Which I do on a Weekley basis?

I can't help but feel that she is going to lose a leg or end up having surgery because of me, even though she jumped and I know I done all I could to try and catch her

Im so angry at myself, im going to have a bath with a lush bath bomb because otherwise I think I might punch something!

Hope Bella is ok, a vet check might help put your mind at rest. We've all had accidents but that doesn't change our love & devotion to animals :) even vets make mistakes! Vibes for your girl xx

Hope Bella is ok, a vet check might help put your mind at rest. We've all had accidents but that doesn't change our love & devotion to animals :) even vets make mistakes! Vibes for your girl xx

so true! enjoy your bath :thumb:

Honestly don't beat yourself up about this
Stuff happens and you can only do your best
Am very confident she'll be fine and hopping around on it in no time like humans are when they sprain something and if she's not am sure the vet will fix her
How's she doing?

I realise now that I didnt actually do anything wrong and I done everything I could to stop her jumping, I was just in shock at what had happened and felt (still do a bit) very guilty!
im going to put her in the large run tomorrow to observe her - hopefully she'll rest up over night, doubt it!
so true! enjoy your bath :thumb:
i did thanks! :thumb: lush bath bombs always help me to relax and think more...err, sensibly :lol:

bunnies love to worry us, Bella has managed to hurt her own leg and really worry me :oops:

Honestly don't beat yourself up about this
Stuff happens and you can only do your best
Am very confident she'll be fine and hopping around on it in no time like humans are when they sprain something and if she's not am sure the vet will fix her
How's she doing?
looking back now I realise I done everything I could to stop her jumping and it would of happend regardless so im not beating myself up as much now! :thumb:

at first she wasn't putting anything on it because of the shock and now shes putting more weight on it and hopping about, in and out her litter tray which is a washing up bowl so quite high, shes limping a bit but (if this makes sense) it's when she bends her foot when she puts it down to step its uncomfortable, not necessarily the pressure.
im sure if she sits still for more than two seconds to rest then she will be fine by the morning - she is still going to the vets though because im a worrier :lol:

shes also going to have run time tomorrow just so I can observe properly how she is using her foot :thumb:

She was putting pressure on it to stand up and eat pellets
8y3a3atu.jpg

When she stands still she puts pressure on it
a6atarep.jpg

But when she walks she tucks it in at the last minute and hobbles :(

Back