• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you have in your bunny first aid kit...

The usual bandages, antiseptic creams etc and i have metacam, baytril and a portable nebuliser, i have parrots so i have vitamins and supplements for them too and some rabbit rescue. I get the metacam and baytril from the vets and just get a repeat prescription to keep a stockpile!!

Metacam
emeprid
both from the vets on prescription.

infacol - supermarket
syringes - bought from vet
recovery food - bought online came with 15ml syringe
a powder to stop bleeding, but flour works just as well.
bandages
hibiscrub - bought from vet
cotton buds
nail clippers

think that's all :lol:

I don't have a rabbit first aid kit.

Nor me, I have general first aid stuff that I have just built up over time. Such as I have a rabbit on daily metacam so I have metacam and syringes in. I like mint tea so have some of that, I have a fresh roll of bandage left over from my dog cutting her paw. I don't see much point in having recovery food in 'just in case' as normal pelleted food soaked in hot water and allowed to cool works very much the same in a pinch. I have basics such as nail clippers and brushes for day to day use anyway.

The only thing I try to ensure I have in at all times is baby food, I find it is the easiest way to get meds into a bun so if I ever need to dash to the vets in the middle of the night at least I will always have baby food. I feed it occasionally so they are used to it and then replace so that it is always in date.

I have bandages, dressings, saline ampoules, otoscope, stethoscope, syringes of various sizes and a first aid book. I also have rearguard, ivermectin, Manuka honey, nappy rash cream, Metacam, fuciderm, flour for bleeding, avipro plus, fiberplex, recovery sachets, Echinacea drops, baytril and anti sceptic wipes. I also keep nail clippers, comb and soft brush in there. It pays to be organised :thumb:

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

I have bandages, dressings, saline ampoules, otoscope, stethoscope, syringes of various sizes and a first aid book. I also have rearguard, ivermectin, Manuka honey, nappy rash cream, Metacam, fuciderm, flour for bleeding, avipro plus, fiberplex, recovery sachets, Echinacea drops, baytril and anti sceptic wipes. I also keep nail clippers, comb and soft brush in there. It pays to be organised :thumb:

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

:shock:

Non prescription items:
Infacol
Panacur
Gripe Water
Sterile Swabs
Round ended scissors
Tweezers
Sterile Saline solution
Aloe Vera Gel
Dermasol
Manuka Honey (UMF +25)
Dry Iodine Spray
Probiotics
Echinacia
Cohesive Bandages
Sterile wound dressings
Micropore Tape
Cotton Buds
Viscotears
Hibiscrub
Betadine
Various Herb/Fruit Teabags
Sterile syringes (1ml and 20ml)
Blood Glucose Testing monitor
Nebuliser
Stethescope
Otoscope

Presciption Only Items
as prescribed for specific Rabbits (only administered after consulting my Vet)

Metacam
Baytril (Injectable)
Metoclopromaide (Injectable)
Ranitidine
Frusemide(Injectable)
Tramadol
Vetergesic (Injectable)
Depocillin (Injectable)
Bisolvon
Benazecare
Hartmanns Solution
Sterile Syringes and Needles (various sizes)
Canaural
Fucithalmic
Tiacil

Last edited:
when Alvin lived here it was metacam, gripe water, baby food and gut stimulant in tablet form.

wasn't really prepared for other emergencies just bloody hunger strike :roll::lol::lol:

Back