• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, Prim has a matt :(

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Prim's been moulting really badly and I've just about been keeping on top of it, but my OH has looked after the buns for a couple of days as I've been unwell and when I brushed Prim last night she has a matt in her mane that I can't tease out and another small one on her underbutt :(

How do I deal with these as I can't seem to brush them out or tease them with my fingers either, can I trim them if I'm very careful? I don't want to try and comb them out as it will pill on her skin. :cry:

Yes, you can trim them very carefully :thumb: hope you are feeling better now :thumb:

I have had to cut out some huuuuge mats from mine before now. I use round edged scissors and cut very slowly. Ofcourse the rabbits loathe it cos they are not fans of being held but it does the job. I actually found one behind Snowflake's ears at the vets when he was having his vaccinations and check up :oops:

Good luck.

Back