• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coventry & West Midland people, do you use a pet sitting service for your rabbits?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Coventry & West Midland people, do you use a pet sitting service for your rabbits?

My friends are moving out soon, at the moment we occasionally go out overnight and will leave the bunnies at home and my house mates happily feed them and pay them attention. After they move out they won't be there to do that. So I'd like to find a pet sitter or a pet sitting company who are good with rabbits in this area. All of them advertise mainly for dogs, and some say they'll come in and feed small animals.... but I don't know if they'll be good with bunnies! I want someone who understands about bunny care and knows how to identify if either was ill!

If we go away for longer than one night I normally take the bunnies with us, but for one night it's just too much stress to travel far with them just to return the next morning!

Any recommendations?

Hiya

I haven't found any to be honest and I would use one as I have 7 buns who find it stressful to travel. Two of mine are snuffles buns so I would need someone good with buns and meds.

Sorry that I'm no help xxx

have you asked at your vets? ive seen a few posts on here over the years that people pay a vet nurse who is willing to pop in an check on buns :wave::wave::wave:

Thanks Zoobec :)

Hiya

I haven't found any to be honest and I would use one as I have 7 buns who find it stressful to travel. Two of mine are snuffles buns so I would need someone good with buns and meds.

Sorry that I'm no help xxx

I'm not that hopeful of finding somewhere to be honest! Harvey occasionally goes into stasis (about twice a year so not really often) so I'd want someone to be able to recognise the signs and get him to a vets or give him medication themselves!

have you asked at your vets? ive seen a few posts on here over the years that people pay a vet nurse who is willing to pop in an check on buns :wave::wave::wave:

That's a good idea! I'll have a chat with them :) thanks!

Hi! When I lived in Birmingham we used Fat Fluffs in Solihull and I can't recommend them enough; fabulous people who know everything about buns. They're a rescue who also have boarding facilities. They bonded my trio and looked after them for a couple of weeks during a house move, and it took a lot of stress off to know they were being looked after there so well. :love:

Back