• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D £180 to insure one chinchilla.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Never claimed for Bandit and last year his insurance with Petplan massively increased so changed him to Exotic Direct for half the price. This is on a policy with one of my chinchillas who I haven't made a claim for in the last 12 months. Now it has gone up by nearly £54.00. Fair enough I have made thousands of pounds worth of claims with Pets at Home but he has never been insured with them and he is still a young rabbit.

Last edited:
I think all Pet Insurance is going to go the same way :cry:

Agree and pets for many people will become unaffordable.

I phoned the insurance company and Little Nylons cost has been increased by 21% because we made a claim last year. Bandits part has gone down £1. :roll: I don't think we can afford £256.19. I may only insure Bandit now as his part is £71.30. Although the problem would. Be if we don't insure Nylon we could never insure her again as she is 10 this year.

Back