• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits sometimes dig when they aren't expecting right?

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
So having been very smug that Poppy, Dusty and Henry are all loved up and flipping together Poppy goes and constructs the mother of all burrows.

I mean she can get all the way into the thing. She's currently fussing around at the entrance and looks to be having a nice old time but the only time I've seen a rabbit do this (twice) is when she and her mum were pregnant.

She has only started today and been out in the garden for over a week while I'm here. Henry had the snip 11 weeks ago and only moved in 2 weeks ago (so snip +9) I've not seen any humping.

I know rabbits dig, but reassure me they also merrily build a burrow.

Poppy isn't spayed (I know i know) - I'm going to get it done but I want her and Dusty to be done at the same time and dust ball is only just getting to weight

Well I don't know but my unspayed female used to dig a lot. It wasn't a full-on burrow because there wasn't the space in the flower bed which was a bank of soil on a paved base but it was her absolute favourite hobby. I think she'd have kept going had there been more space. Hopefully that is all it is!!:thumb:

Good to hear (not now so little) Dusty is doing well too. :love:

Last edited:
Sounds alright then.

Dusty is fab. She's turned into a cuddly kissy rabbit who just loves being fussed.

I'll put some pics up and a Dusty thread in a bit if any one is interested. She's still an odd looking bun with some interesting quirks but she's my favourite

Sounds alright then.

Dusty is fab. She's turned into a cuddly kissy rabbit who just loves being fussed.

I'll put some pics up and a Dusty thread in a bit if any one is interested. She's still an odd looking bun with some interesting quirks but she's my favourite

Would love to see some photos of your buns! :D

My spayed bunny loves digging. She has little white paws which get very very dirty, then spends ages cleaning them :lol:

Both my bunnies (male and female) went through phases of digging; it never got as far as a huge burrow but I did interrupt their fun so there's no telling what would have happened. The female was spayed and the male definitely wasn't pregnant either...... :lol::lol::lol:

If Henry was neutered 9 weeks before being put with Poppy and co then he wouldn't still be fertile by that point, so I wouldn't worry. :D:D

Back