• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Names and meanings?

Snow-White

Mama Doe
Has anyone else noticed bunnies living up to their names?
Herby was underweight when we got him, everything we give him gives him excess cecals.. so now he will only eat dried herbs and hay :roll:

Oliver is deffinately the 'please mum can i ave sum'more?' kinda bunny:shock:

Binky does in fact binky alot :lol:

And im not too sure what Bella means? Someone said on here the other day that its Italian for beautiful so I suppose she lives up to that in my eyes :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've never heard thumper thump! Lol :lol:

:shock:hes staging a rebellion!!!
Our rasta seems to get dreadlocks despite me brushing her daily :shock:
and pixel is pixelated, hes missing a toe and a bit of nose now :shock:

baby is just that shes a baby :love::love:

Apparently the Greek meaning of Milo is ''destroyer'' this could very well match well! He chews everything!

Finnlay means ''fair hero'' I have no idea if that matches or not! Hes certainly not brave or anything like a hero.

I named Doughnut because she was sweet and round, she's just sweet and even more round now!

Dandy and Beano are definitely comic characters :lol: they were already named when I got them from the RSPCA but I loved their names and they suited them :love:

Susie - her original name was Susan :shock::shock::lol: The Hebrew meaning is 'graceful lillie'. I also found this:

People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.

People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.

YES! She's very forward, not shy and initiates and leads most activity, with Neville following. She also wants to be boss.

Neville - means 'new village' and then:

People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.

People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

HA! Yes. He's independent of his human family, he is quiet lol and I did describe him as an introvert at one point as he likes to take the time to consider every move he makes! He is quite aloof too :)

this is hilarious :lol:

Binky does in fact binky alot :lol:

And im not too sure what Bella means? Someone said on here the other day that its Italian for beautiful so I suppose she lives up to that in my eyes :lol:

bella is italian for beautiful, my bella is very bella, eyes like saucers, very hypnotic!!

bella is italian for beautiful, my bella is very bella, eyes like saucers, very hypnotic!!
when I named her I was literally like "you look like a bella, thats your name" :lol:

it does suit her though because she is a very beautiful bun with her really deatailed facial markings :love:

Dany is named after Daenerys on Game of Thrones, and she does sit perched with her head held high like a little queen! She is definitely boss :lol:

Prince came with his name from ARC :D

He is Prince by name and Prince by nature. All 1.1kg of Nethie, but knows in his heart he can get absolutely anything he wants just by peeking around the corner of the kitchen door and asking for it!

He is priceless :love:

Prince came with his name from ARC :D

He is Prince by name and Prince by nature. All 1.1kg of Nethie, but knows in his heart he can get absolutely anything he wants just by peeking around the corner of the kitchen door and asking for it!

He is priceless :love:

he sounds adorable :love:

Frosty and Snowflake dont suit their names at all!

Tessie and Daisy came with their names from barc and I loved them. Daisy is white and pretty so that seemed good and I just love the name Tessie.

Mottle (was Monty) is white with lots of tiny black and ginger spots, ie mottled markings.
Peaches (was Beatrice) is a lovely orange/peach colour.

Autumn and Sunshine (belgian hares, not in my sig) are a love rich brown colour and Sunshine is the most cheerful and outgoing of all my rabbit crew.

Grimlock is named after a Transformer who changes into a giant T Rex. Anyone who sees the new Transformers film in July will get to see my bunny on the big screen and maybe finally people will understand the name. :lol:

He does live up to the name though, being loyal and good at heart with a foul temper at if he doesn't get his way. He's a strong fighter with a will to survive. I've never known a bunny like him and I'm sure I never will again. :love:

Back