• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stay away from the evil mint!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Well last night I bought Milo and Finn some Mint and the usual parsley that they love. They have never had mint so I thought they should try something new. However, as soon as I put the mint into their bowl the two boys ran and hid inside the shelter! :lol:

I was wondering what on earth was wrong at first but they would come out, sniff the mint and then run back inside quickly. Finn took what was probably a nibble and then wouldn't have anything more to do with it!

I removed the mint and replaced it with parsley which they both shot out of the house to get!

I guess mint is off the menu maybe? :lol:

It is quite a strong taste. Perhaps they will get used to it in time and not hide from it!!

It is quite a strong taste. Perhaps they will get used to it in time and not hide from it!!

I did think it might be an overpowering smell for them initially, as its strong to my nose never mind theirs!

Maybe if I keep temping the they may get used to it! :lol:

My outdoors love mint. Indoors aren't so keen but eat it because they're greedy!

I'm pretty sure when Donny finishes eating his mint (my mom is usually the mint giver) he does a fresh breath test on Lola :lol:

awww :lol: mine love it, I usually give one leaf each and say to them now do our teeth and have nice breathes :lol:

My two love mint too but I don't get hold of it very often. It makes me laugh to think of them with minty fresh breath :)

My two are also big mint lovers.... Actually make that big food lovers. They pretty much eat anything. The only thing they turn their noses up at so far is courgette and peppers.

I once accidentally poisoned my bridge bunny Mango with mint. Turned out not all rabbits tolerate it, so don't force them if they don't want it.

Back