• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flopping!!

furbabies

Warren Scout
Everyone talks about the dead flop, but thumper has never done this...until today!!!! He was outside under a bench in the sun washing and all of a sudden he just flopped right down. To be honest i thought something was wrong so went dashing down to check, he just lifted his head and gave me a 'look' and went back to sleep!!! Yay, will keep my camera ready incase i see it again!! ;)

Bumble never did a dead flop for years til one day I'd obviously never seen it before so was worried! Then after that she does it more and more now it's so commonplace I don't really worry!

Poppy is a master at flopping and all of the others flop regularly apart from Leo but he doesn't know how to :( but I've only ever got Donny and Lola photographed doing a proper DBF. Scary stuff :lol:

This is the first Poppy flop I got on camera, this was about 5 years ago!

I can't find the one of Donny but he was so sparked out that even Lola was jumping over him to get to the run (he was right by the door) he didn't flinch :lol:
Here is Lola's very dead flop..

It scared me so much when mine first did the dead bunny flop I thought something was seriously the matter with her :S I'd never seen it before, our family rabbit that we had when I was a child Thumper never did it, she liked to lay on her belly all stretched out instead even when she slept she didn't tend to properly flop like these pair we've got now do.

Aww gotta love a flop. My two flopped within about 10 minutes of living with me, I nearly cried :lol:

They make such a massive thud on the floor for little bunnies!

When my bunny first done it I thought she was having a fit!

She dug at the ground and just full pelt chucked herself onto her side, she doesn't stay there for long as she tends to rest with her head down and legs splayed out behind her! But I panicked, done my research and now I love seeing her do it as I know she's happy :)

Back