• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"I'm sure rabbits are waterproof"

ridley

Warren Scout
So the buns have a large (15 ftx 6ft ish) run in the garden. I have one corner covered by a water proof cover and then a children's tent over that so if they are out and it starts to spot with rain they can go under that. But should I panic if it does start to rain a bit?? My Hubby's quote is the thread title and tells me not to worry as they have the sheltered bit.

I try to put them out in it every day so they get the grass and a bigger place to bounce around ( their "home" is 4.5ft x 10ft)

Basically I'm asking if I should panic and put them home if it starts to rain or not worry unless it really starts to rain???

Thanks! X

They have very thick fur, it takes a fair bit of rain to get through to them. In drizzle and light rain they should be fine, mine aren't clever really enough to go in the shed or a sheltered bit (even though their run is completely covered). When Poppy was an outdoor rabbit and her run was separate I had tarp that covered her run but she would sit under the one little hole in the cover while it dripped on her.. :lol:

But no, unless they get really visibly wet I'd just keep an eye on them. You could always give them a quick towel rub, Donny loves having a towel rub :lol: Their run isn't 100% waterproof so the grass patch in the middle of the run sometimes gets wet so I have to give them a rub. Lola is a pain as she doesn't like being touched but Donny looooves it, I think he does it on purpose!

They seem to like a drop of rain on them as I've noticed they start grooming themselves so the odd shower or two should be fine, especially in the warmer weather. I wouldn't like them to get drenched in the winter though. Your bunnies sound very lucky.

Mine seem to like the rain, the odd time they shelter but more often than not they stay out in it unless it's really very.

Mine love the rain and will sit out in it:roll:

They have a fully covered run and the other is over half covered and they will sit in the rain :roll:

When it was showers and sunshine the other week I let them free range they always have access to home :thumb: and there in the middle of the garden looking rather like a spiky punk rocker Casserole was rather soggy but loving it :lol: the other two went indoors but he just stayed there like a nutter :roll:

Mine are mad, when I have the hose on watering the garden, they run under the water and chase each other round. The cold water must cool them down in the hot weather.

Mine are mad, when I have the hose on watering the garden, they run under the water and chase each other round. The cold water must cool them down in the hot weather.

Haha yeh casserole was drinking from my sprinkle flower last year when it was running as it dribbled down the outside :lol:

My outdoor buns choose to sit in the rain. I must admit the only one I worry about is Apple as she has never been as strong as the others.

I don't put them in if it rains in the spring/summer but don't let them get soaked in the winter :thumb:

Back