• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess what!!!!! Exciting news UD pics added

catherine09

Mama Doe
After my thread the other week asking about custom hutch manufacturers I got a couple of quotes all about £300

I then had a massive piece of luck come my way, and a hutch I've wanted for ages and ages but could never afford I saw on eBay!! First time in ages and only 50 miles away!!

So I bought it, saved a heap of money and got a fab new home for the pigsters

It's a Forsham really big hutch *excited dance* and we pick it up at the weekend :D :D :D

Last edited:
How exciting! :D

Can't wait to see! How big is it?

It's 7.5ft by just under 3ft :) it's also got quite a big 'closed off' area with a moveable bedroom partition so it's very good for guinea pigs who tend to spend a lot of time snoozing in the bedroom area (or are mine just lazy? haha)

Got it into position yesterday and today I'm getting it ready for them to move in (vinyl floor, insulate the roof, plastic skirting boards, paint the front boards and finally seal!)

It's in such good condition, basically brand new and inside you wouldn't even really know anything had ever lived in there aside from a few wee stains on the floor. I love it :D

79C4AA31-622F-4C07-B3C3-46F61D5D6F5F_zpsmzunns4f.jpg

DFC3DE47-667E-4B27-84C2-D9541FCAB2DF_zpszl3yiw42.jpg

Next to the boarding hutch, in our 'woodland' area of garden which is still in progress (eventually going to have bark floor, surrounded by some more trees and bushes)

74C10708-500A-4FB2-BD18-311299799CF9_zps3qwl2shh.jpg

That is really wonderful. Would love a huge hutch ...

I've been after this Forsham hutch for so long but the last two I've seen just haven't been at the right time sadly, but this came at absolutely the perfect time (I was literally about to order a brand new, not as attractive or well made and more expensive hutch :lol:)

If you look for long enough you will find something :thumb:

It's in great condition :love: I picked up the same hutch on ebay last year for some stupidly cheap price, I nearly wet myself with excitement haha :lol:

Looks so good! The photos really don't portray how huge those hutches really are. I'd love a couple at some point.

It's all about 2nd hand bargains :)

Good for the environment too - recycling and cutting down manufacturing. It's a win win!

Back