• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys half blue eye

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
One of Binkys eyes is part brown/black and then its got a streak of blue/white in, its been like that since she was born and I finally managed to get some half decent photos

4ahajyvu.jpg

2ysa4eqe.jpg

"Mum, I know you cleaned my whole hutch again yesterday...but ive shredded the newspaper, couldnt help myself" my naughty/cheeky bunny never fails to suprise me with the destruction to her cage every day :lol:

utuqupe6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

how strange? i dont know what causes it but its very peculiar

What a cute bunny!!,!

how strange? i dont know what causes it but its very peculiar

What a cute bunny!!,!
I'd love to know why her eye is like it, im waiting for someone more knowledgeable than myself to come along :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi... I know this is an oldish thread but I was just looking this up as my new little bun has this on both eyes, Ive never seen this before, or at least not noticed it... I have taken photos of both eyes... Assuming its just the colouring and nothing health related?? xx

Hi... I know this is an oldish thread but I was just looking this up as my new little bun has this on both eyes, Ive never seen this before, or at least not noticed it... I have taken photos of both eyes... Assuming its just the colouring and nothing health related?? xx

Only just seen this reply ,hope im not too late!

I dont think its health related, I think its probablt genetics though Binkys sister doesn't have the blue bit!

I think it's just the coloring as Binkys eye has always looked like it - though im curious to know exactly what caused it!

Aww she is lovely :love: we have four blue eyed buns including 3 little girls Anouk, Fifi and Pantoufle. They are Dutch x lionhead I believe. I have never seen part blue eyes before but presume it is something to do with a similar cross?

Aww she is lovely :love: we have four blue eyed buns including 3 little girls Anouk, Fifi and Pantoufle. They are Dutch x lionhead I believe. I have never seen part blue eyes before but presume it is something to do with a similar cross?

Gorgeous! :love:

Binky and Bella are mini lop x Netherland dwarf, Binky has a part blue eye but Bella doesn't!
These are stunning! So unusual!:love:
They are unusual arent they but they're also fascinating!

Awwwwwwwww what a great thread.

This is my blue eyed white doe, Daisy;

Daisy likes to cuddle up to Frosty (agouti and white and head of the quad).

and her sister, Tessie;

Tessie likes to cuddle up to Snowflake (Frosty's brother);

Excuse all the fluff, they liked to make little rabbit fluff nests and as I had lined the shed with mesh it used to get all caught up in it. Their new shed will be wood lined (once I get round to it).

Last edited:
Ahhh all so cute! :love:
Awwwwwwwww what a great thread.

This is my blue eyed white doe, Daisy;

Daisy likes to cuddle up to Frosty (agouti and white and head of the quad).

and her sister, Tessie;

Tessie likes to cuddle up to Snowflake (Frosty's brother);

Excuse all the fluff, they liked to make little rabbit fluff nests and as I had lined the shed with mesh it used to get all caught up in it. Their new shed will be wood lined (once I get round to it).

If we're posting blue eyed bunnies, I've got to include my Blueberry :love:
6f9023b7550fbae3c59c689d6619f1a3.jpg

The Vienna gene gives the white nose stripe and blue eyes. It can vary a lot in its expression - from a tiny white spot on the nose to the broad stripe on some on this thread. Similarly, the eyes may be partially blue and part brown, or one of each colour. It really confused my vet when he saw it in one of mine, especially as he has normal agouti coloured fur so didn't look like anything 'special'. I've seen a similar effect in horses.

So cute Binky is soooo pretty :love:
Thanks, im pretty sure she knows shes pretty as shes very cheeky! :lol:
The Vienna gene gives the white nose stripe and blue eyes. It can vary a lot in its expression - from a tiny white spot on the nose to the broad stripe on some on this thread. Similarly, the eyes may be partially blue and part brown, or one of each colour. It really confused my vet when he saw it in one of mine, especially as he has normal agouti coloured fur so didn't look like anything 'special'. I've seen a similar effect in horses.
Oh wow!
Binky is white all over apart from some light brownish colored patches near her bum and around her eyes so her nose fur is white

Thats really interesting to know and has been bugging me for a long time, thanks!

Wow that's so interesting, so my little Badger has a bit of 'Vienna' in him! I think these bunnies blue eyes are just beautiful :love:

Back