• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
I bought a bag yesterday. I personally hate the smell but he thinks it's wonderful.

I've had to hide the bag as he kept climbing up and knocking it over to make bits fall out.

He's eaten bowl after bowl of the stuff and even licks out the crumbs.

Anyone else have buns who think this stuff is so great?

Mine love it too!
I used it to get Maizie and Daisy to eat after they were spayed! As soon as i get the bag out they try to get at it!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yep mine do :thumb:

I put some in a bowl by itself and a handful in the hay box as 3 have to share and all of it usually goes in no time :roll:

Looks from all these reviews like I'll be buying it for Ludo forever then! Bunnies are so expensive! :lol::roll:

I haven't bought this for Spenser for a while as he tends to go off it half way through the bag. :roll:

All of mine adore it! My little deaf Mini Lop (the Sealpoint in my signature) does a flying leap and plonks himself in the bowl in order to eat as much as possible! I have found him asleep on a bed of Readigrass before: a little white ball on a bed of green :love: :lol:

The only thing I dislike about it is the green dust at the bottom of the bowl. With my Snuffle bunnies I have found it sticks to their noses :(

Looks from all these reviews like I'll be buying it for Ludo forever then! Bunnies are so expensive! :lol::roll:

I buy mine from my local horse feed supplier in the big white sacks. Works out cheaper than the tiddly bags in the pet shops! However you do need somewhere to store the rather large sack...:)

The only thing I dislike about it is the green dust at the bottom of the bowl. With my Snuffle bunnies I have found it sticks to their noses :(

Give it a shake in a sieve/colandar first, that should remove any dust. And, the left over dust would make nice ingredients for homemade bunny treats :)

Readigrass is the best thing ever (says Ferg, maybe even better than crunchies!) :)
I've got a vaccination trip booked for next week and they sell it so I'm gonna grab a few bags while I'm there - he hasn't had it for a while! :)

Do you have to limit the amount of redigrass they eat? and where can I get some, is it in pet shops?

Yes, you can find it in pet shops - my local independent stocks it. It's more expensive than hay about £4/5 per bag.

It's a little richer than hay, more like fresh grass, as it's dried in a different way so loses less nutrients. You might want to introduce it slowly particularly if you bun is sensitive. Scamp loves it too :)

Yes, you can find it in pet shops - my local independent stocks it. It's more expensive than hay about £4/5 per bag.

It's a little richer than hay, more like fresh grass, as it's dried in a different way so loses less nutrients. You might want to introduce it slowly particularly if you bun is sensitive. Scamp loves it too :)

Yes it was £4.19 a bag in my pet shop (well, pet supplies store). Well worth it though as he's prone to GI stasis when moulting so I try to get him to eat as much as possible during moults! :lol:

I have a big horse sack size in my shed, it has last 10 months and is as fresh now as them.

i give them a large handful mixed in their baled hay, twice daily....

Fee x

If you have the space I used to get a 15kg bale for around £13, bargain! I used to love the smell of it and would regularly stick my head in the bale :love:

Back