• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

today's the day!

furbabies

Warren Scout
Took thumper to the vets for his neuter! He trembled when they took him, i feel awful and sick with worry. I gave the nurse some fenugreek crunchies and told her to give them to him when he comes round.... and now too wait :(

Took thumper to the vets for his neuter! He trembled when they took him, i feel awful and sick with worry. I gave the nurse some fenugreek crunchies and told her to give them to him when he comes round.... and now too wait :(

Aww bless him xxxx He will be fine and back before you know it xxxx

It is a nerve wracking time - I do feel for you. I am sure he will be fine - if somewhat doppy this evening - don't be surprised if he's not interested in Fenugreeks for a day or 2 - sometimes can take them a wee bit of time to get back to normal eating habbits :love:

Thanks guys, well he's home now but looking a bit sorry for himself. And no he didn't want a fenugreek crunchie! He had a long drink and is now sleeping, his breathing is quite rapid is that normal? I took a photo of his wounds, I'll post it in a different thread as not everyone will want to see it, but I've no experience with neutered buns so just want to make sure it looks normal...i know I'm being a fuss pot!

Also he had baytril and metacam at the vets, they didn't give me any to bring home, i have metacam in the animal first aid cupboard but no baytril...Will he need more of that. The vet said it was a long lasting injection.

Does anyone know if its normal for males to not be sent home with pain relief? I think I read somewhere that it was normal.

I think its only females that are generally sent home with pain relief?

I just want to know if I should be getting some after the boys neuter Friday. :wave:

Does anyone know if its normal for males to not be sent home with pain relief? I think I read somewhere that it was normal.

I think its only females that are generally sent home with pain relief?

I just want to know if I should be getting some after the boys neuter Friday. :wave:

Neither Sheldon or Bobo were sent home with pain relief - Sheldon was up and bouncing around like a loon that night (but he's a bit bonkers anyway :roll::love:)- Bobo was fine the next day - just grumpy:D. I think they give them a pain relief shot which should last long enough for them to get over the initial bit but there shouldn't be much pain afterwards.

I think the best thing to do is to keep an eye on them - and at any sign of pain, get them back to the vets. But boys generally do well after being neutered :thumb:

Neither Sheldon or Bobo were sent home with pain relief - Sheldon was up and bouncing around like a loon that night (but he's a bit bonkers anyway :roll::love:)- Bobo was fine the next day - just grumpy:D. I think they give them a pain relief shot which should last long enough for them to get over the initial bit but there shouldn't be much pain afterwards.

I think the best thing to do is to keep an eye on them - and at any sign of pain, get them back to the vets. But boys generally do well after being neutered :thumb:

I'm taking Friday off to take them and pick them up as soon as I can so ill have the full weekend to watch over them all day and make sure there's no problems. So I'm hoping they are back to their normal selves by Monday. :D

Glad Thumper came through the op ok. Frosty was up and about almost straight away but Snowflake took a couple of days to recover.

Mottle shook at the vets when he went in to be checked over yesterday (lethargic, not eating). I felt soooooo sorry for him. He is much better today.

Hope Thumper is back to his normal self very soon. Herbs are good for temping them and my lot seem to like bramble leaves.

Glad Thumper came through the op ok. Frosty was up and about almost straight away but Snowflake took a couple of days to recover.

Mottle shook at the vets when he went in to be checked over yesterday (lethargic, not eating). I felt soooooo sorry for him. He is much better today.

Hope Thumper is back to his normal self very soon. Herbs are good for temping them and my lot seem to like bramble leaves.

Thankyou, i just picked him some dandelions and he wolfed those down. :D He seems quite sleepy still though and actually started nodding off while half way through a leaf! And he's very thirsty, but he does seem brighter than he did a few hours ago.

He's eaten some hay and some fresh greens but no pellets, he usually eats all that i give him! Should i be worried? He's done some poops so his system is working, and he's hopping around. Last night he was very thirsty, i had to give him a bowl cos the water bottle wasn't coming out fast enough for him, but his fluid intake seems back to normal now. I'd feel better if he had some pellets though :?

Sorry I missed this thread, but pleased the op went well for Thumper. Hope he goes back to pellet eating soon. x

I'm pleased to say that thumper ate a small amount of pellets and had a little run around the garden, then went back to sleep! I'm hoping that he'll be back to his normal self in a few more days. Thankyou for all your well wishes and advice xx :thumb:

Back