• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fibreplex question

JackieS

Warren Scout
Wasn't quite sure whether to post this in health or diet/digestion!

A few months ago Axl had an impaction from which is he is fully recovered. I brought some fibreplex online for him to have but it didn't arrive in time before he was better so I still have it in the drawer. The impaction was put down to a moult that he was having at the same time as he was passing lots of furry poops when he did start going again.

He is currently experiencing a large moult again now although is showing no signs of impaction or anything. Eating brilliantly and producing , very big golden poops.

I was wondering if there is any benefit to giving him the fibreplex whilst he's having the moult as a preemptive thing, or if it's something I should keep until he shows signs of stasis again (which hopefully he won't any time soon lol)

Any thoughts?

It wont do any harm to give him the Fibreplex

Also, you can minimise the amount of fur he ingests by grooming him a couple of times a day :)

Thank you :) yes we are already grooming him a lot, will add the fibre plex and see how we get on.

Thanks again :)

Back