• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mottle isnt eating.

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
My darling little tortoisehell and white mini lop, Mottle was just sitting very still when I went out to feed them all this morning. He felt a bit cold to the touch and didnt chase Peaches round and round when I appeared.

I stroked him. He still just sat... I encouraged him to move but he just went and sat somewhere else.

Took the dogs for their morning walk then checked Mottle again. Still in the same place. We are seeing the vet and 3.15 this afternoon. I guess its his teethies again. He had them rasped a few weeks back. Oh dear.

I cant settle to anything now.

Sorry to hear Mottle is unwell.

Could he be seen before 3:15? That's a long time to wait, especially when he is feeling cold.

Sorry to hear Mottle is unwell.

Could he be seen before 3:15? That's a long time to wait, especially when he is feeling cold.

I also thought an earlier appt would be better. Obviously if that's the earliest they can do then that's final, but if there is one I'd definitely take it. At the very least could you give him a snugglesafe? He doesn't sound a well bunny, bless him :(

Thank you all for your replies. I took him as soon as I could (3.15 was the earliest apt today). They gave him fluids (injected), baytril and metoclopramaide (?) and he has some baytril to be given for the next five days.

His temperature was a bit low (36 I think) and he was ever so lethargic (except when I tried to put him into the carrier).

He hopped out once we got home and went straight to the place where he had most recently been resting. He did hop over to his litter tray and has wee'd and poo'd. No sign of eating however.

They want to see him again tomorrow if there is no improvement.

I do hope he will pick up this evening ...

Jane and Weedug. No pain relief. I did ask for some but was told that the metochlopromide would give relief to the gut and that they didnt want to stress the kidneys by giving any other drugs (that the kidneys have to specifically deal with) at this stage.

Jane and Weedug. No pain relief. I did ask for some but was told that the metochlopromide would give relief to the gut and that they didnt want to stress the kidneys by giving any other drugs (that the kidneys have to specifically deal with) at this stage.

Oh............... :cry:

Oh............... :cry:

I wish that I had insisted on taking some metacalm (sp) but I didnt. He doesnt look great atm. Just sitting in his usual place and not even eating pellets (just had a sniff and settled back down again).

Will check him later and will certainly be asking for pain relief in the morning.

Last edited:
I wish that I had insisted on taking some metacalm (sp) but I didnt. He doesnt look great atm. Just sitting in his usual and not even eating pellets (just had a sniff and settled back down again).

Will check him later and will certainly be asking for pain relief in the morning.

can you ask for some before then? He sounds like he really needs some, poor boy :(

I wish that I had insisted on taking some metacalm (sp) but I didnt. He doesnt look great atm. Just sitting in his usual and not even eating pellets (just had a sniff and settled back down again).

I hope he starts to pick up soon.

If he were my bun, and he didn't pick up soon, I would take him in to the emergency vet rather than wait till morning.

Sending loads of vibes for him x

Sending loads of vibes.

If he were my bun, and he didn't pick up soon, I would take him in to the emergency vet rather than wait till morning.

I would be doing this too. Given that he's been known to be unwell since early morning, and presumably it could have started some time over night then tomorrow morning could be well over 24 hours without eating. It's really sad that the vet thought the risk of giving Metacam outweighed the benefits of giving it. :(

Sending loads of vibes for him x

My thoughts, too, as they go downhill so quickly.

Back