• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok people. Prepare yourselves for cute....U/D Even more cute!

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Tonight I had an absolutely fantastic experience. I went looking for tawny owl chicks (after hearing them the night before) and although I was unsuccessful, I did find a deer and a barn owl! :thumb: Then a grasshopper warbler (arguable even better than a barn owl, especially since it was the first time I'd seen or heard one!) and to top this all off.....another roe deer with a tiny, tiny fawn!!!! :love: :love: The little fawn was frolicking in the grass, bounding about and playing with his mother, then stopping to suckle and to have loves from his Mam. In the background was the barn owl, quartering in the field and the grasshopper warbler reeling..it was an absolutely amazing and surreal 20 minutes.

I do have pictures (unfortunately not of the grasshopper warbler) but they aren't very good because the light was so low. Despite this, I do believe that the pics of the fawn and doe are the best pictures I've ever taken, simply because of the behaviour captured. :love: I'm pretty proud of myself, especially since they were some distance away and the sun had actually dipped behind the horizon.

First pic is an okish one of the barn owl, for the birders out there. :thumb:

And these are of the fawn and doe.

You can actually see the doe's tongue here! :love:

..and the fawn suckling.

This is the first time I've ever seen a fawn. Has absolutely made my year. :D Here is a better pic of a roe deer that I took half an hour earlier....I wonder if this is the doe and the fawn is in the long grass near to her...would explain why she was alone and why she was reluctant to move.

I hope you all enjoy these pics. I am so glad I have my camera...I don't think people would believe me if I didn't have evidence of these encounters. :lol:

Last edited:
Back