• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help solving a bunny mystery(Meet Ralph p38)

luna

Mama Doe
Okay so I need a little help with something. There was a rabbit called Tigra at my local rescue that I had my eye on for months ( a beautiful harlequin lop) and I found out last week when I was considering adopting again that he had just been re-homed. Anyway today I was on gumtree ( I know, terrible habit). I am always on free ad sites looking at all the animals and I don't even know why.... it has just become habit. But today I went on and saw what looked like the rabbit that I had been watching in my local rescue that had been homed. His harly markings are very similar , his details were like Tigra's too. They describe him as being 1.5 years, neutered and vaccinated etc. The advertisers say that they are homing him because he does not get on with their other rabbit so I am wondering is this Tigra and the people that adopted him from my local rescue very recently are giving him up.

I have some pictures so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these two rabbits are infact the same rabbit ( Tigra ) I have been obsessing over it all day and my husband is tiring of me going on about it so I thought some RU'ers might like to help me solve the mystery. I am super convinced !!!!!

So this is Tigra the rabbit that was in the care of my local rescue that I really wanted and is now gone:

Tigra6.jpg

and there are more pictures of tigra on the below link... if you scroll down to the bottom of the page there are two other pictures of Tigra where you can see his body markings.

https://www.sites.google.com/site/lasthopeanimalcharity2/rabbits-in-our-care

And this is the bunny on the free ads site:

tigragumtree.jpg

tigragumtree2.jpg

I am so curious to know what ye guys think. the markings on the face are very similar the stripe down the side. Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Wow - they're very alike from the angle of those photos. But I don't think they're the same rabbit. The rabbit in the free-ad has quite a dark front left paw but the rescue photo has a pale paw. It could just be the light in the photo so it's difficult to say for sure but IMO, they're not the same rabbit.

Wow - they're very alike from the angle of those photos. But I don't think they're the same rabbit. The rabbit in the free-ad has quite a dark front left paw but the rescue photo has a pale paw. It could just be the light in the photo so it's difficult to say for sure but IMO, they're not the same rabbit.

Thanks for having a look. My husband is in agreement with you but I'm almost sure of it. I think the shade of markings could be to do with lighting.

I have texted the free ad person to ask them if they by any chance got him from last hope rescue and also texted the rescue to inform them that I think I've spotted tigra on a free ad site.

I hope I haven't made a numpty of myself. Eek!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

the photos in the add are using a flash wich will highligh the darker colours... im almost 99.5% sure its identicle

even has the tiger like stripes down him.... harlies are rarely the same looking down to the markings.... seems very sussed for such unique markings

I can't go out now until I know the answer! :lol: Strange that they wouldn't take him back to the rescue if he didn't get on with his intended partner. I hope you can get him xx

I was never good at spot the difference puzzles, :oops: but if I'm not quite mistaken, that looks to be the same bunny to me, if not, it's a very good double act. :shock:

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this thread - I need answers... :lol:;)

Just been zooming in on the photo and even where the black meets the brownish kind of coulor in the centre of his nose look really similar

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Those markings are so similar. I guess it could happen but, let's face it, harlis are hardly like Dutchies are they?! 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be 99% sure that that's the same bun. If I were you, I'd work in conjunction with the rescue to find out exactly what has happened here :?

Phew ..... Where do I start?!! It turns out that they ARE the same bun. Free ad bun is definitely Tigra from the rescue!!!!! yay :D The free ads girl responded and confirmed that it was tigra from the last hope rescue so immediately I told her I would take him as I just wanted him out of there and in a safe home. Then I rang Andrea from the rescue and she couldn't believe that the girls that adopted him only a week ago were putting him on a free ad site and she couldn't understand why they didn't just let her know as they had signed a contract to say they would return him to last hope if it didn't work out :evil: The girl asked me for €30 for him so I think our answer is there. She wanted to get some of the adoption fee back for him and she wouldn't have if she had returned him. She got him as a friend for her rabbit but apparently they wouldn't bond and just kept fighting but maybe she made some mistakes or didn't follow the rescues instructions for bonding. Who knows!

So we decided that I would deal with it on my own and collect Tigra tomorrow afternoon and last hope would not get involved. The priority is just to get Tigra off gumtree and to a safe home and we will decide what to do from there. I mean am I mad in thinking this was meant to be, that his fate was to be here with me? I really feel that way ... you wouldn't believe the amount of times I looked at him on that website thinking he was just so lovely. :love::love::love: And when I enquired about him last week and Andrea said he was gone I was quite disappointed.

So I have two choices really. I can bring him home, get him settled and attempt bonding with Rosie when he is settled or I can bring him back to Last hope. I will see how I feel when I bring him home but I think that maybe this was meant to be ???

Oh and wait til you hear his background story. He is a year and a half and he was surrendered when he was a year old by a girl who kept him as a house rabbit and doted on him. He had the best care and lived a great life but there was domestic abuse going on and the girl had no choice but to leave very suddenly and give up her bunny. Andrea from the rescue said she was absolutely distraught to have to give up her baby. I nearly cried when I heard this :cry: Oh I can't wait to meet the little guy. We are picking him up at 2pm xx

Phew ..... Where do I start?!! It turns out that they ARE the same bun. Free ad bun is definitely Tigra from the rescue!!!!! yay :D The free ads girl responded and confirmed that it was tigra from the last hope rescue so immediately I told her I would take him as I just wanted him out of there and in a safe home. Then I rang Andrea from the rescue and she couldn't believe that the girls that adopted him only a week ago were putting him on a free ad site and she couldn't understand why they didn't just let her know as they had signed a contract to say they would return him to last hope if it didn't work out :evil: The girl asked me for €30 for him so I think our answer is there. She wanted to get some of the adoption fee back for him and she wouldn't have if she had returned him. She got him as a friend for her rabbit but apparently they wouldn't bond and just kept fighting but maybe she made some mistakes or didn't follow the rescues instructions for bonding. Who knows!

So we decided that I would deal with it on my own and collect Tigra tomorrow afternoon and last hope would not get involved. The priority is just to get Tigra off gumtree and to a safe home and we will decide what to do from there. I mean am I mad in thinking this was meant to be, that his fate was to be here with me? I really feel that way ... you wouldn't believe the amount of times I looked at him on that website thinking he was just so lovely. :love::love::love: And when I enquired about him last week and Andrea said he was gone I was quite disappointed.

So I have two choices really. I can bring him home, get him settled and attempt bonding with Rosie when he is settled or I can bring him back to Last hope. I will see how I feel when I bring him home but I think that maybe this was meant to be ???

Oh and wait til you hear his background story. He is a year and a half and he was surrendered when he was a year old by a girl who kept him as a house rabbit and doted on him. He had the best care and lived a great life but there was domestic abuse going on and the girl had no choice but to leave very suddenly and give up her bunny. Andrea from the rescue said she was absolutely distraught to have to give up her baby. I nearly cried when I heard this :cry: Oh I can't wait to meet the little guy. We are picking him up at 2pm xx
Sounds like it was meant to be to me!
and you also sound very happy, and excited at the fact that you're getting this bun that you've longed after :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok... It's fate... And I just did a victory dance for you... :oops::lol:

Bring that bunny home! :thumb: Huge congratulations.xx

Back