• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What exactly is the difference...

:lol: I don't know and nor do my rabbits! if its hay, you can expect it to be eaten, slept on, wee'd on, fought over or generally thrown about. that's all hay, whether it was £3 for a few ounces or £3 for a bag the size of a small bungalow.

Essentially hay is hay, but some varieties like timothy are more expensive to grow, and hence you'd only want to use them for feeding rather than bedding - plus they tend to be stalkier so nicer for chewing and a good source of fibre than they are for sitting on. Some hay listed as bedding hay has been chopped up into small, even sized strands, so it is more convenient and comfortable for use as bedding, but there's no reason why bunnies couldn't eat it.

Yeah we've been investigating where to get hay from but I was just curious as to why there would be two types of hay if it doesn't really make a difference

the cheaper bedding hays are finely chopped into tiny weeny pieces and the other hay is long and stringy, we dont use the bedding hay for the fluffier rabbits its a nightmare to brush out :lol::lol:

Back