• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody used these?

tashp90

Warren Veteran
My mam sent them to me because I told her how warm my flat gets in this weather.
tagu9e3a.jpg

They feel pretty cool, although states that it is not bite resistant :roll:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes but I chucked it because they chewed the edges and I wasn't sure what was inside. Plus it was quite small. I need to get some marble tiles, I think they would be just as effective but safer.

Yes but I chucked it because they chewed the edges and I wasn't sure what was inside. Plus it was quite small. I need to get some marble tiles, I think they would be just as effective but safer.
The chewing is my concern. The back says "non toxic contents" but still not worth the risk. I've currently got fans on the go :lol: they're loving it!

I have a ceiling fan but I haven't used it yet, it needs dusting before i can turn it on!

I was looking at these! My room gets to about 100 degrees in the day and it's far too hot! He has a fan on his house and frozen water bottles but he's scared of the fan and hates the bottles :(
Didn't get them as Ferg is a massive chewer! :) do your buns sit in front of their fans? :)

I was looking at these! My room gets to about 100 degrees in the day and it's far too hot! He has a fan on his house and frozen water bottles but he's scared of the fan and hates the bottles :(
Didn't get them as Ferg is a massive chewer! :) do your buns sit in front of their fans? :)
Marble lies in the line of the breeze for about 5 minutes at a time :lol: Maizie and Daisy run over, sit for a few seconds, and then run away :roll:

Marble lies in the line of the breeze for about 5 minutes at a time :lol: Maizie and Daisy run over, sit for a few seconds, and then run away :roll:

A 'breeze' of the same air as the room has no cooling effect for a rabbit because it does not sweat. The only reason we find a breeze cooling is because we keep our skin moist and the evaporation rate is increased by the movement of air and cools us down. It's hard to imagine since we are so accustomed to it but, for a rabbit, moving air will feel no cooler.

A 'breeze' of the same air as the room has no cooling effect for a rabbit because it does not sweat. The only reason we find a breeze cooling is because we keep our skin moist and the evaporation rate is increased by the movement of air and cools us down. It's hard to imagine since we are so accustomed to it but, for a rabbit, moving air will feel no cooler.
I have the windows open as well so don't know if that would make a difference?
I didn't know the fan wouldn't help though! anything you can suggest to use indoors? they don't like frozen bottles, have plenty of places to hide etc. problem I have is the sun comes through my windows for most of the day so it can get very warm!

I was going to order one of these earlier for Binky, then I went outside to re-freze her frozen bottle and it was dripping where she tried to chew it...I didnt order it, would of been a waste for binky and bella would just try and dig in it :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I was going to order one of these earlier for Binky, then I went outside to re-freze her frozen bottle and it was dripping where she tried to chew it...I didnt order it, would of been a waste for binky and bella would just try and dig in it :lol:

Oh goodness! I've had one on the floor for Maizie and Daisy and neither of them have shown an interest, my mam will use them for the dogs though :lol:

Oh goodness! I've had one on the floor for Maizie and Daisy and neither of them have shown an interest, my mam will use them for the dogs though :lol:

Atleast its not a complete waste of money then and still has a use! Shame my bunnies have no chill or they'd love one :lol:

I saw a cool (literally!) Idea on pinterest where you put a bag of ice cubes under a terracotta plant pot saucer for the buns to lie on. The weight of the saucer stops them getting to the ice pack but the terracotta lets the chill from the ice through. I haven't tried this yet but have the ice on standby in case it's needed. X

I saw a cool (literally!) Idea on pinterest where you put a bag of ice cubes under a terracotta plant pot saucer for the buns to lie on. The weight of the saucer stops them getting to the ice pack but the terracotta lets the chill from the ice through. I haven't tried this yet but have the ice on standby in case it's needed. X
Ooo this sounds good!!

I've bought an ice pod but they've so far only attempted to dig it and not lay on / near it.

I got a box of big ceramic type tiles for a fiver from Homebase as they were discontinued. I bought them mostly to stop them digging the carpet in certain areas but they feel cool too and they've started lying on them.

I'm going to try the wet towel air conditioning too but I need to buy them their own towel as I only have two big ones that I alternate between using and washing!

Back