• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey the Inspirational Houserabbit has very sadly passed away -

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you have Harvey's book of words of wisdom, others will have read his blog. He passed away quietly earlier this week after a very long and very happy life with Janet - his care giver as he always expressed it. Janet is of course very very sad - although with such a long life she knew the end was coming.

She has posted on Harvey's blog and I thought it would be good to tell people on here so that if they wanted they might leave a comment. I know she was so pleased to see that someone had left a comment when she first posted it.

see http://harvey-diaryofaninspirationalbunny.blogspot.co.uk

PS Janet does not come on here - but if you cannot leave a comment on the blog then leave one here and I will forward it to her.

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Harvey. He was such a character, but he had a wonderful life with you.

Harvey was obviously a very much loved Rabbit. I am sure he will live on in spirit within Janet's memories and within her heart. Extra special Rabbit friends always remain close by even if they are no longer in their earthly form.

Feel no guilt in laughter, he'd know how much you care.
Feel no sorrow in a smile that he is not here to share.
You cannot grieve forever; he would not want you to.
He'd hope that you could carry on the way you always do.
So, talk about the good times and the way you showed you cared,
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared.
Let memories surround you, a word someone may say
Will suddenly recapture a time, an hour, a day,
That brings him back as clearly as though he were still here,
And fills you with the feeling that he is always near.
For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart
And he will live forever locked safely within your heart.

~ Author unknown

I'm sorry to see this sad news. I was a big fan of Harvey, and enjoyed his book so much I bought a copy for a friend. I also enjoyed his conrribution to Bunny Mad Magazine. My rabbit Spenser wrote to the magazine to say how impressed we were with Harvey.

One of my favourites parts of the book was Harvey's reaction to the ducklings that apeared in his garden.

Please pass on my condolences.

We were devastated to hear the news and we thank Janet and Harve for their heartwarming and inspiration stories they wrote for bunny mad magazine. He will be sadly missed and our hearts go out to Janet at this very sad time x

Sleep tight Harve xx

Back