• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight loss but still eating???

moi

Mama Doe
Ive noticed Timmys looking rather skinny on his behind, you can see his bones. #He still eats well and munches his hay. I shall pop him to the vets tomoz but any ideas in the meantime? x

As you say that it is on his back end that he looks skinny it could be muscle wastage. Have you noticed that he is less active than usual and/or a bit unsteady on his hind legs ? Does he ever struggle to get to his feet after lying down ?

Osteoarthritis in his hips/spine is one possibility. But it is a good idea to get him examined by your Vet as there are several other possible causes of unexplained weight loss.

I would def take him for a vet check just in case. How old is he? My Darcy and Beatrix had lost weight and I was told it was down to them ageing. It panicked me so I started feeding them extra and that has put some weight back on but Darcy is still not back to his old weight but with his health problems and age its something its apparently normal. He still loves his foodies though x

I would def take him for a vet check just in case. How old is he? My Darcy and Beatrix had lost weight and I was told it was down to them ageing. It panicked me so I started feeding them extra and that has put some weight back on but Darcy is still not back to his old weight but with his health problems and age its something its apparently normal. He still loves his foodies though x

Hes only about 2. Shall keep you informed x

Back