• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temporary Housing - Bunny Holiday

Jayniekinns

Young Bun
Hello,

My 2 buns will be heading off on holiday in a couple of weeks for about a week at my mums and I wondered if anyone had any quick ideas on what I can put in their cages. I have bought 2 large dog cages, one for each of them as they do not live together, and I was going to make them both a 'house' to sleep in out of wood, and on the other side another shelf higher up so they have the bottom and 2 levels. I was going to use some straw in the base. Just wanting some ideas of what else I cold put in there, I will be putting their toys in with them, like bell balls and stuff, but anything else?

Before anyone panics, they will not be in there for the full week, my mum will give them running around time, but they can't be out all the time due to my mum having a dog (and it's a greyhound so already used to chasing small fluffies). Also, no spare room is an option, but this was just ideas for what to put in the cages.

Heres a photo of the cage;

Thanks
Jaynie

I think I would be tempted to put Lino or newspaper or something on the floor,unless they are chewers, otherwise your mum will have straw scattered through the bars all over. I know this because when I did my bonding I put hay and wood pellet litter in the bottom of mine, and it was everywhere :lol:

Back