• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have infuriatingly clever rabbits!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
This morning - I went into the living room, could not see Maizie anywhere. Tried everything that usually works to get her to come running, checked the bathroom as she has been shut in there before now, looked in all of the boxes...could not find her. Completely baffled, I suddenly her some little scratches at my floor, turned around and Maizie had managed to get behind the sofa. Could not work put how, the sofa has been flat as a bed since Friday, and I've had puppy panels blocked the sides and behind of the sofa so that they couldn't access anything to jump on after their spay. This evening, I was sat on the floor, only for Maizie to take a running jump OVER the back of the sofa :roll: I almost had a heart attack, she just looked at me with a smug bunny look.

Tonight- I've come into the bedroom, only to see Marble on my bed. Now, anyone who has read any of my Marble threads will know that I have puppy panels around my bed to stop her getting on there. I stood by the door calling her, only for her to treat me to some lovely binkies on the bed. I got her down, and stood back by the door way to see how she managed it. The clever little madam has realised that she can move her carrot cottage next to the bed, get on top of it, and jump over the puppy panels :shock:

Daisy is the only one who hasn't shocked me, but I know shes clever from the few videos I've shared of her.

I'm being outsmarted by bunnies left right and centre today :roll:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

:lol: you can't outsmart a bunny
Every time I think I've won, they come out trumps again :roll: I might just move out and pop in a few times a day :lol:
people think rabbits aren't very bright.
people are wrong!
They are very wrong! My friends underestimated rabbits until they met mine and saw first hand what they are capable of!

people think rabbits aren't very bright.
people are wrong!

Charlie won't eat out of food bowls anymore, tries to eat my birds, forgets to look where he's going and has walked in to doors (his eyesights fine), is scared of damp food (like fruit and veg!), is scared of most hamsters (despite one of his old best friends being a hamster that he loved), took three years to learn to drink out of a bowl and licks pillows for fun.

Rabbits can be bright, but one of mine sure isn't :lol:

Charlie won't eat out of food bowls anymore, tries to eat my birds, forgets to look where he's going and has walked in to doors (his eyesights fine), is scared of damp food (like fruit and veg!), is scared of most hamsters (despite one of his old best friends being a hamster that he loved), took three years to learn to drink out of a bowl and licks pillows for fun.

Rabbits can be bright, but one of mine sure isn't :lol:

Charlie's just 'special'.

I love Charlie.

:love::love:

This morning Marble has once again proven how clever she is.

Being woken up by a 4.5kg rabbit jumping on your chest isn't fun. Again, I couldn't work out how she got onto the bed. All of her platforms were too far away for her to have used them. I put her back on the floor, laid back in bed, and within 5 minutes she was up again.
I'll try and explain how she did it.
So the back and one side of my bed are against walls. The headboard is against the heater, which is a storage heater so quite bulky, and underneath the window.
Marble has gotten into the gap between the storage heater and side wall, jumped onto the storage heater, onto the windowsill, and over the headboard :roll:

Cannot wait for bonding!!!

If they want to be somewhere you will not stop them getting there. Fiver was banned from under my bed...so he made it his life goal to get under there. :roll: He now has the run of under my bed because I simply gave up trying to outsmart him. :lol:

I've nevr stopped my buns getting on my bed. It's impossible to do, they will always find a way. It can be quite unnerving to wake up to a bun's face millimetres from your own. :lol:

If they want to be somewhere you will not stop them getting there. Fiver was banned from under my bed...so he made it his life goal to get under there. :roll: He now has the run of under my bed because I simply gave up trying to outsmart him. :lol:

I've nevr stopped my buns getting on my bed. It's impossible to do, they will always find a way. It can be quite unnerving to wake up to a bun's face millimetres from your own. :lol:
I wouldn't mind her being on the bed if she could be trusted not to wee everywhere :(!

I wouldn't mind her being on the bed if she could be trusted not to wee everywhere :(!

Would it be an idea tash for you to lock yourself in a doggy crate overnight and let the bunnies free range whilst you are asleep? At least by being locked in they can't come and disturb your nights sleep.........or could they?

It sounds like your three are determined for world domination.......after they have dealt with your flat!!!!!:lol::lol:

Best not tell Delilah about all the goings on as she would no doubt be more than ready to cause some mischief and mayhem!!!! Just over 6kgs of feisty, fearless and totally far too intelligent bunny......... be afraid, be very afraid!!!

Would it be an idea tash for you to lock yourself in a doggy crate overnight and let the bunnies free range whilst you are asleep? At least by being locked in they can't come and disturb your nights sleep.........or could they?

It sounds like your three are determined for world domination.......after they have dealt with your flat!!!!!:lol::lol:

Best not tell Delilah about all the goings on as she would no doubt be more than ready to cause some mischief and mayhem!!!! Just over 6kgs of feisty, fearless and totally far too intelligent bunny......... be afraid, be very afraid!!!

That does sound like a good idea, but I'm sure they would chew the bars. I think they're trying to tell me that it's their flat, so whatever areas I try to have as mine, they invade :lol:

if they're going for world domination you should all watch out :lol: they'll fool you with their cute innocent faces!

Oh I could just imagine delilah and Marble together...they'd be unstoppable :lol:

Back