• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Holly in stasis again

Fellie

Warren Veteran
1.5 weeks ago Holly went into stasis ... Very quickly within 3 hours of eating her evening herbs. Took her to emergency vets and got pain relief etc and she was fine within 24 hours.

Back at emergency vets with her again. She at her herbs with gusto at 7.30 this evening....9.30 I checked her and could see at once she was in pain and not eating.

Her food has not changed. ..hay, ss pellets, fenugreek crunchies, dried dandelion leaves, fiba sticks, cone flower.
Poor wee girl...just wish I knew what was causing this. :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Awwww, sending vibes....

Smudges tummy slowed due to his moult,,,,, he ingested loads of fur...? Is that a possibility?

Also I found that Smudges stasis episodes lessened when I took him off ss pellets and he is now on fibafirst?

What herbs did she have? It sounds like they are the culprit, if she was fine before having them... I hope she feels better soon xxx

Just dandelion leaves and blackberry leaves. ..Both dried. She's had them before. ..everyday.
She is back home now. .had pain meds, gut stimulant etc so just have to wait and hope she's okay in the morning .. If not then off she goes to our normal vet.

In future she will only get hay and a few ss pellets. ..she does love her hay anyway.
Just pleased I spotted it so quickly tonight. .At least she is out of pain now.

She is a bit better today.

Nibbling on hay and has drunk some water. ..but still struggling to poop...she is trying bless her.

Now.. The question is. .stress her out by taking to vets. ..or leave to relax. She is not in pain at the moment.
Problem is that I've got to have a blood transfusion today. . So cannot be at home with her. Hubby is already covering sick people at work so can't take day off.

Aaaaaggghhh.

Guess it's off to the vets. .. at least they can give her meds if she needs and keep an eye on her through out the day.

Yes, I think I'd opt for the vets in that situation :thumb: sending pooping vibes :thumb:

Back