• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Story - Advice welcomed!

peapod1989

New Kit
Hey Guys,

Just sharing my little bit of success! I have 8 months old Colin and 3month old Tallulah!

He has been neutered recently and is still in his own separate part of their enclosure. At first he would literally pace the divide, grunting and thumping at her. This calmed to licking and nipping through the bars. And now (through mutual feeding times on opposite sides of the divide) they genuinely seem to like being around or near each other. This seems like a little win to me.Even when they each get their free roaming time (they are enclosed at night and when they are unsupervised. They have a thing for chewing upholstery!) They seem to just enjoying hanging out by the others condo! (More Colin than Lula, she's an independent woman i think haha!)

I'm petrified of getting her pregnant so a few more weeks of separation and i think i might consider taking out the divide. I know i will need to get her spayed when she hits about 6 months, will this effect their bond?

What are the pros and cons of bonding a neutered bun with an unfixed female?

Just some pics for you guys :)

2C5hS5h.jpg

CUrCVg1.jpg

1Cj9zJp.jpg

When was Colin neutered? Male bunnies remain fertile for weeks after neutering, and rabbits can mate through bars/mesh :shock: personally I would wait until after she is spayed and had 6 weeks for her hormones to subside before bonding. If you bond now you risk hormones upsetting the bond when they kick in shortly.

Ah that's fair enough. I won't encourage the bond anymore than they are ATM. They seem pretty relaxed with each other as it is so I might just leave it

It was 4 weeks ago now! I hope there has been no funny business through the bars! Didn't even know that could happen. Sneaky bunnies! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back