• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit humping cat!!

furbabies

Warren Scout
Thumper is booked in to be neutered on Tuesday, but the last few days he's been getting over friendly with my male cat. It started with thumper just circling him, and then he would run underneath the cat running his back on the cats belly, but now he's full on humping him!! My cat is very patient and just tries to run. But after the 'humping' they lay down and sleep together, they were both curled up in the hutch yesterday! Obviously I'm trying to keep them apart as i don't want either of them getting hurt, a but thumper seems quite protective of the cat!! my question is ... will this stop after Tuesday!?! The cat has been neutered for years.

How old is your rabbit?
The behaviour will go away but with older rabbits it sometimes takes a bit longer as they get into the habit of it. :lol:

Humping is also not just sexual, but can be done for dominance reasons too. If your rabbit is making buzzing noises, circling (which you said he was) and sometimes falling off the cat after humping him then it's probably sexual and he'll calm down after being neutered. :) They just get a bit frustrated with all their hormones. he should smell better too.

Good luck with the neutering. You cat sounds very patient and lovely to put up with that, I wouldn't leave them alone together just in case he gets a bit too annoyed with the bunny. And you've got to post pictures of them sleeping together, it just souns too cute. :)

How old is your rabbit?
The behaviour will go away but with older rabbits it sometimes takes a bit longer as they get into the habit of it. :lol:

Humping is also not just sexual, but can be done for dominance reasons too. If your rabbit is making buzzing noises, circling (which you said he was) and sometimes falling off the cat after humping him then it's probably sexual and he'll calm down after being neutered. :) They just get a bit frustrated with all their hormones. he should smell better too.

Good luck with the neutering. You cat sounds very patient and lovely to put up with that, I wouldn't leave them alone together just in case he gets a bit too annoyed with the bunny. And you've got to post pictures of them sleeping together, it just souns too cute. :)

He's about 11 months (or so i was told). I did try and get a photo but everytime i get near, the cat moves! I'm trying to keep them separated but everyone i turn around there sat together again, i swear they're plotting something! Tuesday can't some soon enough!! :?

I tried! Toby rolled over and thumper stood up and ruined it but they were laying down facing each other asleep

2w3z1fo.jpg

Awwwww! That's adorable. They're both gorgeous. I'm sure at 11 months he'll stop humping soon enough. But it won't stop him plotting. :D

Back