• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lana eats everything.. at my wits end :(

Nic.

Warren Scout
The rabbits free range in my room. It's as bunny proofed as I think I can get it, but everytime I think it's perfect Lana finds something else to eat. Whether it's pulling up my carpet or tearing off bits of my duvet cover. She actually swallows it so it's very dangerous but I don't know what else I can do! A few days ago she started pulling up my carpet at the corners and made herself ill after eating alot of it. I didn't realise until I noticed she was poorly. I then blocked off all the corners to my room. Today I go upstairs to check on them and she's pulled off a my duvet cover and eaten it. I noticed because she seemed ill and off her food so I started checking to see if there's anything she could have eaten. It quickly passed and within an hour she was back to normal but I'm not sure what else I can do. She eats sofas, skirting boards, bed sheets, suitcases, carpets, everything! I know that this isn't that surprising because rabbits like to nibble but I have tried my absolute best to bunny proof. I don't think there's anything else I can do apart from move them outside which I really don't want to do :( Luna's bad enough but I feel like she's a normal nibbly bunny atleast :lol: Lana is just outright destructive and on a mission to kill herself. Poor thing, I'm just not sure I can do much more bunny proofing than I have already :(

Maybe she needs more toys to play with? I'm a newb to this whole bunny thing but when I was researching it before getting them, the advice seemed to be to provide lots of safe toys and activities to prevent them chewing on everything else :) Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to advise you better!

Maybe she needs more toys to play with? I'm a newb to this whole bunny thing but when I was researching it before getting them, the advice seemed to be to provide lots of safe toys and activities to prevent them chewing on everything else :) Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to advise you better!

They already have tonnes of toys that's the frustrating thing :lol: They have lots to do but tend to ignore it in favour of destroying my house!

Do they get lots of hay. Why not put them in their own enclosure so they can't eat anything they shouldn't.

Sadly one of mine is the same and they can't be free range anymore if I'm not there :( I couldn't stop it, no matter what I tried.

They have lots of different times of hay. Will have to consider putting the puppy play pen up in my room and keeping them in there. I just feel bad limiting their space but it's better to have a smaller space than make themselves ill eating stuff they shouldn't I suppose.

Back