• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My heart is starting to hurt :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
It is only a few days now until I take Barney down to Rainbow Rabbits :cry: I know that he will be very well looked after, that is why he's going. But I'm going to miss him so so much :cry: he's the life and soul of the place, he brightens up the day with his antics and his licks, and he's going to wonder why I sent him away, and think that I don't love him :cry: :cry: :cry: once he's settled in and has his new friend I'll feel much better, but until then I'll feel like the worst person in the world :cry:
It is a long journey for a bunny too, I am hoping and praying there are no hold ups, so it doesn't take even longer. And Molly is going to be devastated; she will wonder where her room mate has gone :( she likes seeing him binkying about. Oh god, I hate myself for this :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry :cry: but you are doing it for all the right reasons, and he couldn't be going to a better person and place :thumb: I'm sure he will be very happy there. I'm sure he will cope with the journey fine. Is there someone who can travel with you to give you moral support/keep you company?

Thinking of you, and sending hugs xx

I am so sorry, I know this must be an incredibly difficult thing to do. But you know that he will be very well looked after and hopefully be bonded to a new mate. It is so hard when we make attachments and then we have to let a dear animal companion move on to someone new. :( When one of my dogs had a litter of puppies we knew we couldn't keep them all, but one in particular that I was very fond of was adopted by a neighbor...the dear wee boy came and sat on my feet the day she came for him and looked up at me. It was all I could do not to burst out in tears. :cry:
I'll be thinking of you and Molly and hoping for the easiest possible transition for all involved. (((((((((Huge hugs))))))))) xxxx

If you change your mind on the day and can't go through with it we will understand. It has happened several times before ;)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

If you change your mind on the day and can't go through with it we will understand. It has happened several times before ;)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

I would love to keep him but i just can't :cry: he is lonely and needs loads of love and company. Do you not like his name? He was already called Barney when i adopted him, i kept it because it suited him. My ex OH was upset when i told him that Barney won't be Barney any more :( x

I really feel for you. I had to rehome 4 of my outdoor buns when I became too ill to look after them. I knew it was the right decision but that didn't make it any easier. 2 years on and I still miss them. :(

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to see Peter and Posy when they went into boarding. They have an amazing life now, so much better than I could have given them.

I rehomed them because I wanted the best for them, not the best for me. I'm sure you feel the same way. (((((Hugs)))))

:( I know exactly what you're going through. One week today my princess, my little girl Rosy, will be going to Woodgreen to find a new home. I keep telling myself it's for the best - she deserves to have another friend since Alf won't tolerate her - but I'm really going to miss her :(

It's so damn hard, isn't it?

hugs to you x

Oh it must be so heartbreaking!!

Please, please hold on tight to the thought that he is going to someone who more than knows how to care for his needs and will love him. And you'll also get regular updates too.

((((((hugs)))))))))

I think you're being so brave - and incredibly UN-selfish - you're putting the buns needs before your own and anyone who can do that deserves a great big HUG :thumb:

Thanks everyone. I need to try not to think about it. If i start thinking i cry! Need to stay calm for Barney.

I'm so sorry I missed this. Haven't been on here much lately for many reasons.

Huge hugs for you. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling. Well done on putting Barneys needs first.xx:love::love:

I'm so sorry I missed this. Haven't been on here much lately for many reasons.

Huge hugs for you. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling. Well done on putting Barneys needs first.xx:love::love:

He is going tomorrow :cry: i hope he's not too scared :cry: i hope the journey is ok, and i hope he settles quickly when he gets there :cry: i can't bear the thought of him being scared and thinking I've abandoned him :cry:

Sending vibes that the journey will go well and Barney will settle in quickly. It's horrible I know as he's such a lovely bun but at least you know he will be well looked after.

I would love to keep him but i just can't :cry: he is lonely and needs loads of love and company. Do you not like his name? He was already called Barney when i adopted him, i kept it because it suited him. My ex OH was upset when i told him that Barney won't be Barney any more :( x

Why is he having his name changed?

I hope he travels ok good luck Barney xx

It must be very hard for you; we found it difficult enough to part with Taz when the time came, even though we'd only had him a few weeks and had always known that he wasn't ours and would be going to Liz as soon as he was well enough and there was space.

Try not to let a possible name change bother you though. It's quite natural I think for people to want to call a bunny (or any pet) something they've chosen themselves. We renamed Lola as we didn't think her previous name suited but somebody else might think Lola doesn't suit her at all. :lol: We were going to rename our dog but, when we got him home, his name suited him and so it stuck. He'll always be Barney to your OH I'm sure and a new name won't change the memories you both have.

Back