• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Combi vaccine

Holhol

Alpha Buck
Am I right in thinking that rabbits can have this a bit earlier than necessary? Ferg is due his vaccination at the end of July, but I'm on placement then and I'm not sure I'll finish in time to get to an evening appt at the vets. I have a week free at the beginning of July so was planning on booking him in then (I'd rather get his vacc done earlier than late!) - is this ok to do?
I'm sure I read something about it being ok to do a bit early :) dreading the vet trip already but planning on booking him in this week!

I'm sure a few weeks would be fine. You could always phone your vet to ask if they were ok doing it early. Would save a possible wasted trip.

Thanks! I thought a few weeks wouldn't make too much difference but I'll give them a ring and make sure anyway :)

Can my old stormy boy have this vaccine? He is old and arthritic and on lots of medication

Id have no idea about that! I just thought it was the one that all vets use now for vaccinations - not sure if separate vaccines are done! :) you'd have to check with your vet I think! :)

Can my old stormy boy have this vaccine? He is old and arthritic and on lots of medication

If you have a good vet, I would think it's best to discuss before you go ahead. I have found that for buns with certain medical conditions, the risks of having the vaccine outweigh the benefits ..

Back