• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny tunnels!

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Why does nobody make tunnels (that aren't runaround) that aren't edible? All the tunnels I can find are always made of plastic or fabric and last about 2.5 seconds. Shadowfax adores tunnels, but I can't give her anything because she eats it. :? It seems stupid to make something that can be destroyed for a rabbit! :roll:

Everything I look at is either way, way too expensive for what it is, or is absolutely tiny. Looking at wooden "tunnels", which are only between 30 and 60cm long if you are lucky and they are being sold for about £30 not including postage and packaging. :shock: Is it just me or does this seem ridiculously expensive? :lol:

What does everybody else use?

I have Runaround tunnels, the big ones for the Contis. But you could try getting hold of some drainage pipes? When I was looking there used to be offcuts on ebay, or if you ask on freecycle or facebook selling sites you might find a builder with some.

I have Runaround tunnels, the big ones for the Contis. But you could try getting hold of some drainage pipes? When I was looking there used to be offcuts on ebay, or if you ask on freecycle or facebook selling sites you might find a builder with some.

I tried this. Nobody does offcuts anymore, and most of them are are too small. The ones that are decent sized are about £60 for 6metres. :shock: I don't think I'd need that much. :lol: It's frustrating because I only want them so that the buns have them to play in..they don't even need to be weather proof or predator proof. :( Everything is always so expensive.

I got mine from a local housing construction site, they had loads of 300mm ducting offcuts (similar to Runaround) and were happy to give them away (furnished the rescue centre too) - but I admit this was good luck! Maybe someone should buy the large 6m lengths, cut them up and sell them off as bunny tunnels ;)

My lot just get cardboard boxes. Luckily they have a shed (the quad) or covered runs (the two pairs).

Back