• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on rabbit size (u/d p52)

luna

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

I would like opinions please on a rabbit I have seen on the assissi animal rescue website today please. I haven't enquired yet as I am still very unsure about taking on a friend for Rosie ( after the loss of Bobby) but I can't stop looking at this guy. I would absolutely love a biggish rabbit,not necessarily a giant but a substantial weight like 3 or 4 kilo's would just be lovely ( all the more bunny to cuddle :love: )

Anyway looking at Peter on the website I couldn't help but think he looked like a large bun because he has really big wide ears. They haven't mentioned his size though so I am guessing he is not a giant. I would love some opinions please ? He is just so beautiful :love:

http://www.assisi-ni.org/rabbits/peter/

Last edited:
Hmm I see what you're saying about his ears, the angle of the photo on the left isn't helpful :lol:

Could you contact them and ask how big/what breed he is?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hmm I see what you're saying about his ears, the angle of the photo on the left isn't helpful :lol:

Could you contact them and ask how big/what breed he is?

Yeah I will do but just wanted to see if any RU'ers agreed with me :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I will do but just wanted to see if any RU'ers agreed with me :)

He's only 7 months so I'd guess that he is a relatively large breed looking at his ears and head :lol:

He does look like he needs to grow into his ears and feet, so maybe he is going to be a big bunny, either way he is stunning :love:

Given he's 7 months; the shape of his face; and he needs to grow into those ears he COULD be as big as conti but not necessarily is a conti!

Conti's grow until 18 months so beware....

I'll try to find a 7-m old Hector pic in a moment.

He's lovely though, however big :love:

Given he's 7 months; the shape of his face; and he needs to grow into those ears he COULD be as big as conti but not necessarily is a conti!

Conti's grow until 18 months so beware....

I'll try to find a 7-m old Hector pic in a moment.

He's lovely though, however big :love:

Yay Hector pics :love:

He does look like he needs to grow into his ears and feet, so maybe he is going to be a big bunny, either way he is stunning :love:

I know isn't he !!!! I love blue eyed whites and I have always wanted a bigger bun. The rescue is over two hours away though and there is a rabbit in my local rescue that is mine if I want him as they already did a home check last year so I'm probably mad to be looking to go to northern Ireland !!!!

Yay Hector pics :love:

:lol:

Here he is - 7 months:

I suspect your little chap is a bit smaller but his face and ear proportions aren't dissimilar. I'd hazard a guess he could be a cross anyhow (with his beautiful eyes) so may tick your "4kg" wish!! Sorry, the photo's not great. The tea pot is a "normal" size if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here he is - 7 months:

I suspect your little chap is a bit smaller but his face and ear proportions aren't dissimilar. I'd hazard a guess he could be a cross anyhow (with his beautiful eyes) so may tick your "4kg" wish!! Sorry, the photo's not great. The tea pot is a "normal" size if that helps.

Hector :love::love: he's so small there :shock:

Marble is 4.5kg:
zybeneva.jpg

agyjuqys.jpg

Here he is - 7 months:

Aww young Hector :love:

I don't think he's a Conti, but looks like he's still got some growing to do to catch up with his ears, and he's gorgeous!
This was Willow and Nettle at 7 months-ish. They are almost 10 kilos now.
(Edit: changed as I obviously mean 10 kilos not 5! And hopefully they are full grown! Sigh. I need a new brain.)
1002187_10151898011306057_700598202_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think he's a Conti, but looks like he's still got some growing to do to catch up with his ears, and he's gorgeous!
This was Willow and Nettle at 7 months-ish. They are almost 5 kilos now and not full grown yet.
1002187_10151898011306057_700598202_n.jpg

:shock: are they 7 months there?!? They are HUGE!! H didn't grow until 12 months really and then went on a huge spurt to his, err, robust 9 kg!

:shock: are they 7 months there?!? They are HUGE!! H didn't grow until 12 months really and then went on a huge spurt to his, err, robust 9 kg!

That was September I think, just after the enclosure was finished, so they are probably 8 months old. They were 6 months old when Parsnipbun brought them to us in August. They are big, probably part of the reason their previous owners couldn't cope! They still managed to shoehorn themselves into a small dog basket for most of today though, I was looking at them wondering how on earth they got in it. Should have taken a picture. And you've made me realise I obviously put their weight wrong, and they are more than 18 months so hopefully they are fully grown! I might just go to bed.

Last edited:
Hector :love::love: he's so small there :shock:

I can't quite believe how little he was - just looking through the old photos was great!!

Marble is a real softie. :love:

I can't quite believe how little he was - just looking through the old photos was great!!

Marble is a real softie. :love:

It's easy to forget how small pets are as babies, even Maizie and Daisy have grown quite a bit but I don't realise until I look back!

Marble really is a softie, she's so fluffy and is a proper cuddlebun :love: can't believe I ever tried to kid myself that she wouldn't be staying :lol:

It's easy to forget how small pets are as babies, even Maizie and Daisy have grown quite a bit but I don't realise until I look back!

Marble really is a softie, she's so fluffy and is a proper cuddlebun :love: can't believe I ever tried to kid myself that she wouldn't be staying :lol:

All buns are great but cuddle-buns are the best. Off to the sofa to watch TV with my H now. :love:

Back