• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh man, what have I gotton myself into?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Every since I started posting on facebook about rabbit welfare I have had four requests to take in rabbits that need homes near me...

A woman near me just advertised for free this little bunny lionhead. She is unsure if he/she is male or female. She said he/she arrived to her in a carboard box with a little hay and by the looks of he/she hasn't had hay ever since then. He/She is about a year old...

I'm going to try and convince my other half to let me go and get him/her tomorrow night. I know the worst thing is to feel sorry for animals as you can't help them all but I feel simply awful for this little mite, he/she has been passed from pillar to post with no forever home in sight, the wrong diet and terrible living conditions..

God help me. :(

Last edited:
There was one very similar to that on a local FB selling site as FTGH but we aren't near you. It is sad seeing how many are FTGH...

There was one very similar to that on a local FB selling site as FTGH but we aren't near you. It is sad seeing how many are FTGH...

Well, the girl who has this bunny said she got it from someone for free only a few days ago! Why the heck did she take a rabbit on when she knew she couldn't look after it!?

I have no idea what my OH will say but he wasn't keen on me getting more rabbits before. Hopefully if I provide this one with a temporary (properly care for) home he will either come round to it or I can find it a proper home where it won't be passed around any more.

I know the feeling. Any day now my step sons rabbits will be arriving at mine. Supposedly temporarily but probably permanent. I need to immediately get them split up, neutered & vaccinated & hope to god I can rebond them. I don't particularly want to, but the bunnies have been fighting for months & now with everything else happening, I've now got the chance to help them out. I knew this was going to happen as soon as I heard they'd got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the feeling. Any day now my step sons rabbits will be arriving at mine. Supposedly temporarily but probably permanent. I need to immediately get them split up, neutered & vaccinated & hope to god I can rebond them. I don't particularly want to, but the bunnies have been fighting for months & now with everything else happening, I've now got the chance to help them out. I knew this was going to happen as soon as I heard they'd got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its really awful, I guess I don't have to deal with two extra rabbits but this one rabbit isn't going to be happy forever living in my spare hutch outside on its own. The poor mites probably never been with another rabbit.

I don't know what to do, I cant really afford to get another rabbit vaccinated and neutered. But if it pulls on the heart strings I know Ill end up doing it. I'm also worried that the smell of another rabbit might upset my boys, they should be well enough away that that doesn't happen mind you. But that sense of smell is strong.

What are you going to have to take on?

honestly, you have to learn to say no, and mean it.

I've meant no several times now, mostly because most of the rabbits I've been offered are perfectly healthy and don't need rehoming. The owners have just 'gotton sick'. But this poor little bunny has had a rubbish start in life.

Well, I contacted the owner and we were all ready to go and get this little bun. Then after getting the hutch
and everything ready to house him/her I got a text simply saying ''sorry found a loving home''
Somehow I doubt that as I'm pretty sure no home checks were done and she wont have given the new owners and useful advice.

Not gunna lie pretty annoyed, but I guess theres nothing I can do now...:(

Back